I know we all have bad days but...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: I know we all have bad days but...

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 pm

*standing ovation for every single positive contributor on this thread*

Thank you folks, this has been a pleasure to read :)
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:40 pm

There is the positive and fun section… And it looks like it's getting a lot of use ATM! :)
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Never noticed the positive and fun thread. I always just press new posts, lol. Looks like I need to use that section from now on.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm

The positive and fun section is a good place to go :-D :-D :-D we used to have a virtual cafe on there where we could go for a very silly surreal visit :-D :-D

Someone asked about support groups and I think there are good and not so good ones out there, some encourage positivity and invite speakers to visit talking about all sorts of subjects. But I'm sure there are others which probably become a weekly moanathon.

The only way to know whether or not they are for you is to visit really, I hope everyone manages to find what they are looking for :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:16 pm

carolad wrote:
Zia2014 wrote:I

BUT, having had this for nearly a year, not long been diagnosed, fighting for any help I can get and all the while trying to remain positive in the face of mistake and failures all over the shop, it's extremely difficult. It is so easy (and very human) to fall into a negative way of thinking (depression so often linked to long term conditions of all sorts) that it takes someone very strong not to do so.

I was the same Zia - and you are right, depression is one of the recognised stages of coming to terms with a chronic illness. And when you are depressed, it takes all your hope away. My 'normal' disposition is to be optimistic but depression turned me into the biggest pessimist going! In my case, it wasn't the diagnosis of fibro, it was having years of severe back pain and little sleep, followed by a diagnosis of scoliosis that sent me into depression. So by the time I got my fibro diagnosis, I was already over the depression stage. It was just another label attached to me but it didn't make any difference to my life. Now I'm feeling (mostly!) positive and taking control of my life again, making some changes to my lifestyle to make the best of my situation.

So you are not alone...but you can get through it x

Have only just seen this, sorry Carol! Yes I do feel I'm still quite early on in all of this, but naturally I am a depressive unfortunately, and this currently is my only refuge - I try not to burden my partner too much.

At the moment I've just had a vile sickness bug and a MH appt, so I am very low, and my posts probably reflect that. But every response I get helps a little, and that is why I post. I look for the positives in what people say to me and try to take them on board, even if it doesn't appear so! And as someone said early on in this thread, I try not to believe I will get worse from what I read. If someone is suffering more than me then that doesn't mean I will end up that way too. So I try and remain balanced when reading posts. I also take comfort from the fact I can help people, even a little, through my work knowledge.

With regards 'real life' support groups, I find them useful, but I have encountered both positive and negative people as you do anywhere.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia