3am what do you do.

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

3am what do you do.

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:11 am

So we all have problems sleeping. What does everyone do in the wee small hours when OH is giving it :snore1: :snore1:

I tend to watch what I have recorded from the TV and make lists and try to keep quiet but sometimes I want to go :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :scream-1: :scream-1: and wake up the whole street. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: 3am what do you do.

Postby Coppertree » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:57 am

At three am this morning I was reading ;-)
Coppertree
UKFM Newbie

Postby becxy1970 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:59 pm

I have my Kindle fire next to me and I put my earphones in and listen to stories or the radio on iplayer. I do try and get back to sleep. But if I am in pain I watch films on love film or play games this takes my mind off the pain a little. :-? :sleep:
becxy1970
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:25 pm

If I'm awake due to OH deciding to serenade me with a nasal concerto, I find I'm devising solutions to help keep him quieter, some of which might be a little extreme and influenced by the SAW films at times. The other night he was in classic fly~catching pose and I was so close to seeing if earplugs might have the same effect when used in the mouth of a snorer that they are supposed to do when worn in the ears.

If it's due to Kevin ramping up the hurtys and things, I have in the past gone downstairs and sorted washing into its individual piles. I used to take my phone up with, but it became more of a distraction than a help as I'd end up playing with it until I'd flattened it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Patsb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:53 pm

I posted in the soundproof booth before seeing this.i was wide awake at 4.30 this morning listening to hubby snore and getting more worked up by the minute which in turn made me tense up causing more pain :twisted: I'm getting really tired now of being in constant pain .this morning I was so tense and shaky I thought I was gonna pass out in shower.im in a why me mode today have already bitten hubs head off.came here to put things into prospective and realised I'm not alone so thanks u lot xx :needhug: :wave:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:11 pm

First of all I try just lying still and quiet with my eyes closed, then lying on my right which Is the side I tend to go off to sleep on at night but I turn each time I wake, next is how I'll divide my lottery win when it happens..... , failing that (I give it about half an hour if I can stay still that long) I then try my getting to sleep routines - saying 'the' randomly and repeatedly or doing '3 things' ie naming in my head three things I can hear, then three I can feel, then just three objects, if I'm still awake it goes to two of each then one of each. If none of that works I read and I'm usually alone in bed so I can, I used to get up and make a drink, catch up with ironing or write letters but found they woke me up more and I'd often not get back to bed at all that night. I tend to find myself nodding off when I'm reading so, once that's happened a coup,e of times I put the light out and go through the whole routine again - don't often, then, need to go beyond the first, just lying still.
There are nights when going through the routine sees me still reading several hours later then I make a drink, or going through the whole routine twice -then I give up and get up
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:48 pm

I listen to the BBC World Service on the radio....it is very boring and it sometimes works in getting me back to sleep :roll: I also have an App on my iphone called White Noise - it plays a range of relaxing sounds.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 am

Fluppy.......has your hubby been to the sleep clinic to be tested for sleep apnea? As you already know, snoring is a symptom. It could help you both.

When I am wake at night, which is a lot, I have tried numerous ways to get back to sleep. If it is not the pain that wakens me it is the sleep apnea.

Depending on the level of pain, I have tried everything from reading, listening to the telly or music with the sound level very very low. With it low straining to hear can tire me somewhat. If pain level makes it tolerable I have done laundry, ironed or cleaned house.

I used to get out of bed on occasion and go for a walk. Myy hubby was n ot impressed as he thinks it is dangerous to be out walking at that time.

As we all know our sleep pattern is one of the most annoying symptom of fibro. I have been awake now since 2 and am watching the clock for 5 when hubby's alarm goes off.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:43 pm

I do nothing. I tend to have most difficulty getting off to sleep and had to remove the clock because otherwise I was counting down how long I had left in bed before getting up! :crazy: So that was not helpful. These days I have no idea how long I take to get off to sleep, but sometimes I will check on my phone and it always takes hours.

I toss and turn loads of times, but rarely put the light on or do anything electrical because of the bad effect it has when trying to get to sleep, so I'm surprised some of you watch tv etc.

If I am really struggling I might go to the loo, because after so long I will need it again :roll: I rarely go into any other room because our alarm is on and I would need to turn it back on again and wake OH.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:32 pm

whoami wrote:Fluppy.......has your hubby been to the sleep clinic to be tested for sleep apnea? As you already know, snoring is a symptom. It could help you both.

Not so far, altho it's not thru a lack of trying on my part in trying to get this looked at :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: I have tried just about every way possible, from trying to bribe him with my womanly wiles all the way thru to sleep~deprived hostile tendencies being taken out on his kit car :too-upset: :too-upset: Altho they have been mentioned a number of times, the only thing I haven't reverted too physically is the use of knives :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Going to keep trying tho, if not, as the effects of it are affecting me more and more, faster and faster, when I do reach that cliff edge, if I do go over it, he'll be coming with me :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: :shooting:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby moomoos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:20 am

I come on here and read all the topics on our forum... look on face book... read my emails... read a book... try to get to sleep...
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby galio » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:44 am

turn over try to get back to sleep, get up and go to the loo and take couple of paracetamol as i usually take a dose at 10 before i go to bed if all else fails I switch on the tablet and play patience in the dark as it tires my eyes and i often nod off playing, I managed 3 hours uninterupted sleep one night last week wow I felt amazing the next morning, usualy I get an hour at most then hour or so awake again and so the night goes on but strangely no matter what time i get to sleep early or late i always wake around 3 :roll: I cant blame hubby during the week as he works nights and i get the bed to my self but friday saturday night is the lying awake listening to him snoring time!
galio
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:03 am

Uurrgh! Why am I awake!
I make a cup of tea and when I finished it the warmth in my body usually helps me go back to sleep… Weird because I'm really hot but it does work and I hope it works again this morning!
Otherwise I'm going to have to catch up on Emmerdale which I've recorded… Since I slept in for an hour yesterday and was nearly late for work why am I now awake at 3 AM?!, Or rather, now for… Not fair!
I have a Christmas work do tonight and at this rate I won't be able to get through it! Another £30 down the drain!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia