relief at last

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

relief at last

Postby haywire » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:55 pm

I went to see the gp on Friday about the issues I was having with the butrans patches. She switched me to the sublingual tablets and the difference has amazed me. I have much more life in me without the chronic pain, the dose may need tweaking a little, but I definitely feel better already. The weekend has been much better than my life over the past few months. I managed to hang two doors and take three loads of rubbish to the tip over the weekend. Hope this painkiller works for me long term.[code][/code]
haywire
UKFM Member

Re: relief at last

Postby Ali170 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi.
I was very interested to read this but I googled the drug concerned and all it says is that it's used for narcotic addiction and it has to be taken in front of a doctor, was this your experience ? I am confused, take care xx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Drugs are used for many reasons. I am weaning off Fentanyl and the Dr had prescribed me a drug that is for chronic pain and also used for pain while weaning off the narcotic.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Ali170 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi.
thanks for the reply, so glad you have found some relief, I was going to mention this to my GP, but probably wouldn't meet the criteria . Take care and enjoy your pain relief xx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby haywire » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi Ali, whoami was right, subutex is used for weaning off addicts, temgesic is used for pain relief. Both are buprenorphine, the only difference is the dosage, subutex tends to be >8mg whereas he temgesic I am on is 0.4mg 3 times a day. They dose addicts higher to stop the cravings. There was no way I could stay on the butrans patch, my chest is still red raw and the skin is coming off, kinda like bad sunburn :-(
haywire
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia