Wrist pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Wrist pain

Postby Gingermama » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi

I've had a sore wrist on and off for a few weeks. It's felt like RSI type pain (I am an iPad addict!) but just now something popped as I was screwing the top of my hot water bottle on and now I have pain all in my hand with a horrible tingly sensation. Is this common?
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Re: Wrist pain

Postby nj63 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi There
I had this on and off for a while mine turned out to be carple tunnel syndrome numbness and tingling in certain fingers hand getting hot and painful at night. I would advise you go to Drs and don't let them fob you off with its to do with the fibro. Good luck. NJ
nj63
UKFM Newbie

Postby mandiw » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:48 pm

I've have the same. I have had scans and been told I have arthritis in my wrist and specially in my lower thumb joint. So painful sometimes I can't sleep and sometimes it feels like hot pokers stuck in my finger nails and yes, if I try to screw a cap or turn something or even lift something, pain shoots up my arm and into my hand too.
Mine is an RSI from knitting, crochet and other crafts. Go to Drs and get it checked though there is not much they will do !!!
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:06 pm

I've been having wrist pain in both wrists for the last few days. The pain sometimes spreads into my forearms like a deep ache. I have arthritis too so I rang my rheumy nurse and she said that its the fibro as I'm having other flare symptoms too and I have no visible swelling.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Sari mitchell » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:21 pm

I AM SO VERY ANGRY WHEN I TALK OR HEAR ABOUT THE SUBJECT OF WRIST PAIN AND FIBRO FOR LAST YEAR I WAS TOLD I HAD SEVERE CARPELL TUNNEL SYNDROME IN BOTH HANDS AND NEEDED SURGERY. I LISTENED TO THE DOCTOR, AS I AM SLOWLY LEARNING I CAN'T DO, AND I HAD THE SURGERY ON MY LEFT WRIST, ONLY TO FIND OUT IT WASN'T CTS BUT THE FIBRO. I DID NOT LET THEM OPERATE ON THE RIGHT WRIST AND NOW THEY BOTH STILL HURT THE SAME. THE SURGERY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE, AND IT MAKES ME MAD FOR DOCTORS WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT FIBRO WHEN THEY CAN MAKE MONEY OPERATING FOR A SIMILIAR ILLNESS THAT THEY CAN USE TO JUSTIFY THEIR REASONS FOR OPERATING , EVEN IF THEY KNEW IT WASN'T NEEDED AND WAS BECAUSE OF SOMETHING ELSE. I THINK DOCTORS ARE BEING DISHONEST NOW AND INTENTIONALLY NOT FIGURING OUT IF YOUR WRIST AND HAND PAIN IS WHAT IT IS. THEY ARE ENCOURAGING YOU TO LET THEM OPERATE , ENCOURAGING SURGERY NO MATTER WHAT SINCE THEY CAN JUSTIFY DOING IT. THEY WILL OPERATE ANY WAY TO GET THEIR MONEY. I HAVE HAD 2 SURGERY'S THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED BECAUSE IT WAS THE FIBRO AND ONE SURGERY, TO BOTH MY ANKLES, HAS LEFT ME PERMANENTLY DISABLED USING A CANE AND IN A WHEEL CHAIR PARTIALLY BECAUSE A SURGEON BOTCHED UP MY ANKLE SURGERY THAT HE CLAIMED WAS NECESSARY FOR ME TO WALK WITHOUT PAIN. HE SAID THAT MY ARCHES HAD COLAPSED AND I NEEDED SURGERY RIGHT AWAY AND THAT THE SUCCESS RATE FROM THE SURGERY WAS 99.9 AND I'D HAVE NO MORE PAIN ONLY TO FIND THE DR PUT THE IMPLANTS IN THE WRONG POSITION AND NOW, NO OTHER DOCTOR WILL HELP ME TO FIX SOMETHING ANOTHER DOCTOR SCREWED UP. IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE FOR THE PAIN WAS FROM SEVERE FIBRO AND NOT COLLAPED ARCHES. I ALSO HAD A TEAR IN MY TENDON THAT HE FAILED TO CATCH, OR TELL ME ABOUT, AND NOW I NOT ONLY CAN'T WALK WITHOUT HELP BUT, MY PAIN LEVEL IS SO HIGH ALL THE TIME THAT I MUST TAKE MEDICATION TO EVEN BE ABLE TO WALK FOR A FEW MINUTES AT A TIME. I STILL HAVE TO STOP AND SIT EVERY FEW SECONDS AND CAN'T GO OUT MUCH ANYMORE AT ALL. MY QUALITY OF LIFE IS GONE ALL BECAUSE OF A DOCTOR THAT WANTED TO MAKE MORE MONEY FOR OPERATING THEN HE DID FROM HAVING THE PRAISE OF FINDING OUT THE REAL PROBLEM AND HELPING ME TO FIX KNOWING IT WOULD HAVE MEANT NOT OPERATING. THANK GOODNESS MY WRIST IS OK AND THE DR DIDN'T SCREW UP THE SURGHERY BUT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER SURGERY I DIDN'T NEED BECAUSE IT WAS FIBRO AND NOT OTHER THINGS THAT MAY NEED SURGERY. PLEASE BE CAREFUL FOR DR'S TODAY ARE MORE CARING ABOUT MONEY AND DOING SURGERY THEN THEY ARE WITH TRUTH AND NATURAL HEALING. I MUST SAY THAT I HAVE GOTTEN WORSE BECAUSE OF DOCTORS. SAD BUT TRUE. GET MANY DIFFERENT OPINIONS , KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUST YOUR GUT
GOOD LUCK AND G-D BLESS YOU ALL.
SARI
Sari mitchell
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia