Overactive lifestyle

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Overactive lifestyle

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:I was one of the BusyBee brigade BF {Before FM Trade Mark & Copyright Zia2014 :wave: :wave: }

:mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby keaedmondson » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:55 pm

Many years ago I remember hearing or reading or something that a lot of people who developed ME were very sporty athletic people. Whether that was just a prevalent view of the time or whether it was true, I don't know…

It would, in many ways, make sense for one of the causes of FM to be an active lifestyle… Apart from a very busy work life however I'm not sure I could say I was very active… I certainly wasn't sporty, although I know that's not what the OP was hinting at…

I believe mine was definitely caused by mental trauma, stress I guess, and range of events that coincided. But… I was born three months premature and as a teenager I did have growing pains or whatever they call them… And I have three or four other female friends or acquaintances who were also born premature and whoall now have developed ME or FM or some other kind of pain and depression disorder… We are all about 30… And I can't help but think there must be some sort of connection… I know there are many more things that could be responsible but… I would be interested in somebody researching this element… That's why I can see that the active lifestyle theory could be appropriate for many… But Fluppy is right of course… Not everyone
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby weavingheart » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Completely agree. The consultant who originally diagnosed me said that everyone has a limited amount of energy throughout their lifetime and I had used mine all up!
weavingheart
UKFM Newbie

Postby keaedmondson » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:27 pm

Really interesting concept about energy Weavingheart
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:38 am

weavingheart wrote:Completely agree. The consultant who originally diagnosed me said that everyone has a limited amount of energy throughout their lifetime and I had used mine all up!

Interesting! The Rheumatologist I saw didn't put it quite like that but he did tell me that I should slow down and stop doing so much. And that I should take a 2 week holiday in the sun to do nothing - don't think you can get that on the NHS though :lol:
carolad
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia