painful arm.....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful arm.....

Postby natmac73 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:45 am

Hi everyone. ....just wanted to know if anyone out there suffers with the same.
For quite a few months now I have had a very painful right arm....The area were you would have a jab (injection) it's getting worse i am unable to lift it ...so having problems dressing and washing my hair. .it's as though my muscle is being squeezed so tight the pain is unbearable and leaves my arm and hand very weak...its slowly starting to happen on the left too. Gabepentine doesn't touch it...
natmac73
UKFM Member

Re: painful arm.....

Postby AlisonF » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:45 am

If I do the same thing for too along a period, start to get shooting pain in my arm or where I have been doing too much.

Can happen when driving, holding something, or shopping.

Other I have noticed is proble when using hand mixer or heat vibrator, muscles start to twinge when holding equipment and continues afterwards.
AlisonF
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ali170 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 am

Hi love,
Get it checked out , could be frozen shoulder , the pain is often felt in the arm, I've this in both my shoulders.

Take care xx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Ali170 wrote:Hi love,
Get it checked out , could be frozen shoulder , the pain is often felt in the arm, I've this in both my shoulders.

Take care xx

Just what I was going to suggest too :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: There could be a number of reasons for experiencing the current sensations that you have in your arm, a good number of which may/will be completely unrelated to FM. Whilst some of us do experience something similar to what you have described which is FM related, having it checked out is always the best thing to do, even if it's only for your own peace of mind.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scoke » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:28 pm

Probably frozen shoulder so not exactly FM related, per se, but I've heard with FM you can be prone to adhesions -eg tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel syndrome. Do get it checked out. I don't know about anyone els but the first time I had a frozen shoulder the physio didn't help and I was referred to have hydrotherapy but in our area that is done at the police pool - max temp - and rarely that! - 30C! It meant I got too cold to do the exercises static as we should and had to try to march through the whole session each time so I didn't seize up and sfter the rest of the week with sore hips, etc. the next time I got it I just tried to keep using my am and shoulder - gently, and did some of the exercises I'd been given and it lasted fewer months. I suspect that properly warm water for hydrotherapy would be good for it?
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Ali170 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:15 pm

I had to have cortisone injections in my shoulders for frozen shoulder, not very painful, \I had to do simple exercises and had 3 weeks off work to rest them, it did get better but can take a while, take care x
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby ichigo.ghost » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:36 am

hi
i have the same with my right arm. could not lift my arm at all. went to physio. said it was the forearm/ leading to elbow.
was given some fantastic exercises which you can get free yourself from Arthritis Research UK. even though they are Exercises for Elbow pain. they helped very quickly with arm movement. if i could scan the page and put up for you, would be great but cant do at mo.
Please try these they worked ace for my arm.and every time it plays up i do the same ones again, and hey presto i can lift my arm again. It was awful struggling to dress, do my hair, even stroke the cat. good luck xx
i also went to sports massage and she said this and also said something about under the arm muscles too. she sorted.
ichigo.ghost
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia