Fibro and bipolar

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and bipolar

Postby mrsk » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Does anyone also have bipolar disorder? I have read that they are linked in 25% of cases. I have both, and it makes things more difficult for me. Just wanted to know if anyone else out there can relate........ xx
mrsk
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro and bipolar

Postby looeboy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:39 pm

I have Fibro and Bipolar. Being male makes for a rare combination too. What is it you want know?
looeboy
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:06 pm

My hubby is bipolar....no fibro

I suffer from fibro...no bipolar, but I do suffer from depression.

Quite a few fibro patients suffer from depression.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Siobhan.b » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Hi, I have bipolar and fibro , and I am going threw an episode of bipolar, which has caused a major fibro flare. Been signed off sick for a month. Everybody is excited about Christmas and I am just full of dread and despair. It is extremely difficult to manage both. I wanted to try and come of some if my meds, and now feel the worst I have in ten years. I have just had to give in and rest my brain and body. Try to avoid stress as that us a key trigger for anyone suffering from both. Gentle hugs babe xxxx
Siobhan.b
UKFM Newbie

Postby mikkiconnors » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi I HMJS, Fibro and one person states I have recurrent depressive disorder where the other looking through past files states it is more bipolar with more downs then ups. I am on lithium, deluxotine, B13 & D tablets plus others for pain management. I just don't know what depression thing is all I know felt this way since my early teens used to get upset daily but meds are keeping things at an even, feel kind of numb but sometimes do have a bad day where things seem bad. Pointless getting an exact diagnosis as doctor will only discuss one complaint at a time and need to sort a few things out plus he moans everytime I see him that he wants me off my meds and to see someone, I can't see the way I feel changing over night plus had a few years of counselling, CBT and six weekly visits to phychiachrist and still felt the same,
mikkiconnors
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tabasco » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi there, yes I have fibro and at moment doctors tryin to work out if I'm bipolar or normal depression. My moods just hit rock bottom and finding life really difficult. Feel as if doctors just don't know what to do with me. My hubby came with me last time and told them the support I get from them is shocking. I'm not sure there are any answers. I wanted to return to work but think that's gonna be out of the question at moment which makes me feel useless. I've got kids and feel guilty that I'm not what I think I should be. Not easy...take care
Tabasco
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:33 pm

I was diagnosed Bipolar at 22, but my fibro diagnosis wasn't until I was 37. I did wonder fr a few years prior to that whether something was going on, but I was labelled Bipolar and everything was attached to that. My manic episodes are nuts, I stay up for days cleaning then I crash from exhaustion and depression, and of course pain...
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia