fibro/chiari/syringomyelia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro/chiari/syringomyelia

Postby Timelordess » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed about 3months ago, by my pain clinic consultant. I went there as I have a permanent brain and spinal condition that, as far as my self and my GP were concerned, was leaving me in lots of pain. Turns out I have Allodynia Fibro. I assumed it was all down to the nerve damage that I was left with after spinal cord surgery.
Even since my diagnosis, I've noticed I've gotten worse even now. I can only sleep for 2 ish hrs at a time, and even then it's only when I've got to exhaustion point. My husband gets so upset with me, as I tell him I'd rather he got some sleep, and I'll stay up with our insomniac 3yr old, every night. Then at around 5-6am ish I wake him up to take over whilst I sleep. Its the only source of contention between us.
I truly wish that I wasn't in so much pain, but even with all the meds I'm on for all my conditions, they don't touch the stabbing pain in my shoulder and burning pains all over my left side.
Xx
Timelordess
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibro/chiari/syringomyelia

Postby denys » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Sounds awful, I hope they can sort something out for you so that you can maybe get a little more sleep
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia