Severe fibro fog!!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe fibro fog!!!!

Postby momsy05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:00 am

Just reading a post from September and i thought god that person has all the same symptoms as me..........Turns out it was me who had posted it :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap:

Cracking up fast!!!!!
momsy05
UKFM Member

Re: Severe fibro fog!!!!

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:38 am

Lol I've done that too :lol:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi there,
im new to the forum and recently been diagnosed with fibro. Is fibrofog the same as brain fog . Everytime I go to my gp or hospital im told I have this and that. It doesnt take much too confuse me lol , but I have a lot to learn about fibro .
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Yes its one and the same :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gingermama » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:03 pm

: I Went shopping earlier with my 4 year old using the self service till and I cannot for the life of me remember if I paid for my shopping or not!

:nono: :yikes:
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:18 pm

If we all wrote in with our fibrofog episodes we'd soon fill a book which would be hilarious reading - I try to laugh about things I do but there are times when I realise it could be dangerous and times when I wonder if it's more than that and I'm beginning to suffer from some form of dementia... - I mean, how would you know? I managed to spend five minutes trying to work out how to get the nib of the pen to come out - couldn't seem to find a way to pop it out or to twist it - my busband then took pity on me and took the lid off!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:30 am

I had just lost my mother to alzheimers when I joined the local fibro support group. I was convinced I was starting with alzheimers but the rest of them assured me it was foggy brain. They all went on to relate the crazy things they've done and we all had a good laugh - the best medicine of all. I find it helps to be single-minded e.g. if I go into the kitchen I repeat over and over why I am going and instead of multi-tasking (which we all do), such as picking up the beakers we've just used, I go straight to the reason I went in there. Does that make sense?
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for letting me know, im learning new every day with fibro
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:04 pm

thought i left ne glasses at workk drovw back but could not find them , diving home agisn in a mood :cry: i checkefd the top of my head no not ther either :-x ,,, when i got home there they were :lol: on my nose :oops: :oops: :oops:
thats fobro for you
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:10 am

I spent ages this evening looking for a present I needed to wrap… Only to remember after 20 minutes of searching that it was the first one I wrapped!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby stormguy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Hello forum
Been a while since I posted. Just thought I would share my experience with fibro fog. Don't know if this applies to any of you, but I can watch a film that I have watched before, and not remember having seen it before.

Also I keep forgetting my PIN numbers for my local bank ATM. I have had around 6 new pin numbers sent out, this is very debilitating to me. People don't understand when you try and explain to them about your condition. Anyone with similar experience.

Regards
Stormguy
stormguy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Yesterday I went into the kitchen to make a coffee, (decaf), and opened the drawer and could not for the life of me remember what I needed to make a cup of coffee...I went through the knives and forks first before I realized I needed a teaspoon...oh what fun it is....
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:00 pm

I constantly have moments where I am just about to do or say something and then it's gone - and then it's back. I'm used to it now.

It's so much worse than just a bad short term memory because I've always had that, but when you try and explain to people they just say "oh yeah my memory is bad too". So I don't bother!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Its strange how I can remeber things that happened years ago , but cant remember what I done half hour ago lol.
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Same here debs, my long term memory is fine but my short term is gone. Weird!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia