I'm Pregnant :O

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I'm Pregnant :O

Postby sammilou2012 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi guys,
Well ive just found out im pregnant and not sure what to do. Ive been on alot of medication and cant cope if i stop it. What harm will these do to my baby?

How have you coped with the pain as well as being pregnant. I had seveare spd with my son and ive heard it comes back twice as bad with your second.

Any advise would be really helpfull.

Thanks for reading xxx
sammilou2012
UKFM Newbie

Re: I'm Pregnant :O

Postby NikiBradley1985 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Firstly, congratulations!!!
Secondly the only thing I have heard is that you are more prone to suffering from "all" the pregnancy symptoms... Which given that I am trying to get pregnant myself is kinda worrying to me too, especially the painkiller question!!!
Please keep us updated on your pregnancy as it helps the rest of us know what to expect!!!
Good luck!!!
Xxx
NikiBradley1985
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:01 am

congratulations x

I think the only pain killer you can take whilst pregnant is paracetamol but i suggest you talk to your Dr and quickly especially if some of the pills need to be withdrawn slowly.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Congratulations!

You should talk to your Dr about meds as he knows what you are taking, he knows your body and he is educated in this. What others have done may not apply to you.

I have heard from fibro patients on a few boards that have become pregnant. Quite a few of them have said that they have felt the best while pregnant, no extra and some less symptoms.

Congrats again, x
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby bev8366 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Congrats first off every pregnancy is different and everyone is different
I have had 6 children n my fibro goes into what they call remission. I don't suffer with fibro during pregnancy n I didn't overly suffer with pregnancy symptoms but my pregnancies were not easy. The only meds I no are safe during early pregnancy is paracetamol codeine is safe after 6 mth but I would advise you speak to your Dr bout what is and what isn't save y will need folic acid for first 12 weeks.
Best of luck x
bev8366
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Congratulations and as the others have said, talk to your doc and midwife :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia