Woken by pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Woken by pain

Postby tintagel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:11 am

Hi all,

Things just seem to be going from bad to worse for me. As I have already posted, I have been in my worst flare ever, constantly since July and it is still getting worse on a weekly basis.

Twice in this last week I have been woken by pain, in the side i'm lying on, both shoulder and hip. Pins and needles in hands are worse on waking now too.

If this is still worsening after almost 6 months, how bad is it going to get? This can't be a flare that's ever going to stop can it? This is it, forever, right? I just don't want my life anymore. Only meds I can tolerate are tramadol and paracetamol and becoming less effective recently.

Thanks for your time in reading my post.
Diane
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Woken by pain

Postby Gingermama » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Diane

The only advice I can say is ring your Dr and refuse to take no for an answer, insist you talk to them! Have you been referred to pain management? Maybe they can try you on morphine???
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby Gail J » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Hi Diane,

I feel for you, my flare has been ongoing since May, fortunately my GP is very supportive but like you I experience chronic night pain,
I take Gabapentin, Co-Codamol and Trazodone, they help but the pain always succeeds.
I'd suggest you visit your GP again to discuss alternative medication, like you I'm hoping for some respite xx
Gail J
UKFM Newbie

Postby gaynor1111 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi Diane, so sorry you are in so much pain at the moment. I have been diagnosed with fibro for 18 years, but probably had it much longer than that. After being referred to a pain management consultant ( I had to pay privately for this) he prescribed butrans patches. They don't get rid of the pain, but it certainly lessens it. Ask your gp to refer you. xx
gaynor1111
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 pm

You could try relaxation and meditation techniques. Sometimes when we are in pain we make it worse by getting stressed over it, which tightens the muscles further. I didn't get any relief from anything until the Dr put me on duloxetine and although no pain free it is so much better.

Beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby redplanetgirl » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:50 am

Sorry to hear your still getting worse, not good , its gogtta get better soon for your sanity at least. I wish you a speedy end to this terrible flare up. I too get woken with pain, sometimes really bad, and can't get back to sleep for hours after taking tramadol take care
redplanetgirl
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia