ringing in ears

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ringing in ears

Postby debs67 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:48 pm

How do you cope with ringing in your ears and can anything be done to help you cope better with it . Mine is every day and i hear it more when i lie down. Some days i feel as if i have a swarm of bees in my head just constantly buzzing around. It sounds mad but i have had it for such a long time i didnt realise it was connected to fibro .
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: ringing in ears

Postby Leslieann » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Yes me too! Had it for years, I would be interested to find out if anything could be done about it?
Leslieann
UKFM Newbie

Postby leslawman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Haven't found anything that really helps but use iPod via earpieces at night
leslawman
UKFM Newbie

Postby Maryanne » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Sometimes it can be caused by some of the medications we are on. I do not have it continuously but, I have 2 types one which is a buzzing noise and the other is like a brass band in the distance and that drives me nuts :crazy: Not much can be done about it either according to my GP. :roll:
Maryanne
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Ive got the buzzing noise, it is so annoying on times. I had the buzzing before i started my medication. I do get fed up on times of telling me gp what has happened to me now
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:19 pm

it's a very common occurrence for us fibro warriors and i also deal with this every day as well.
What i do and it does work for me, is i take my finger and place the end/tip of it in my ear..(I'm not joking here) and creat an air pocket with my finger and pop it out and i may have to try a few times for it to work, but it does work for me and i would also like to note that it will take some practice to get it right and you have to make sure you create a seal with your finger tip for it to work correctly. Yes you will no doubt still have some ringing but it's better than that screaming ring in your ear.

Good luck with it!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Polly62 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 pm

I have suffered with noise in my ears for some years. A couple years back I was told I have tinnitus. The noise is like a shushing & is with me all day everyday. I have been given a blocker which plays a noise in my ear, and is suppose to eventually train your brain to ignore the original noise. Fibro seems to produce some unusual symptoms. I don't know if this is one or not.
Polly62
UKFM Newbie

Postby debs67 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Thanks for some of your treatments, next time I go to gps I gonna see what they suggest .
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby GQM » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:26 pm

I've had tinnitus ever since I damaged my neck and prior to being diagnosed with fibro, I have a "Sound Pillow" which I connect to my phone and play music, Radio or meditation sounds which helps with settling to get to sleep. The great thing about the sound pllow's is that you can hear it but you partner can't.
GQM
UKFM Member

Postby MissGems73 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:48 am

I dont have ringing inmy ears but itt sounds and fels like something is moving in one ear. Drives me mad, not found anything to help it yet.
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Postby z200 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:57 pm

I find listening to music helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
z200
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia