itching not funny anymore

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

itching not funny anymore

Postby debs67 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:17 am

Geez ive had enough of itching today. My leg is red raw from where ive been scratching it. Fed up of it now, given cream off the gp for it for when i get a bad flare up of it. I feel like screaming ., surely this cant just be an allergy like the gp says .
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: itching not funny anymore

Postby jaxcross » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:46 am

Hi.
Ive had horrendous itching, but i just thought it was through stress etc.
Mines usually my hands and lower arms. But the other week i scratched my lower legs til they bled. I only take Naproxen and paracetamol so dont think its that.
jaxcross
UKFM Newbie

Postby keaedmondson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:36 am

I know exactly how you feel! Put itching into the search bar. I posted a couple weeks ago about the same thing and had some useful advice!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby ktgreen123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 am

Hi,

The itching I've had this past week is becoming unbearable too! I thought it was just me and put it down to stress! Think it's because I've had a really bad flare up since the cold weather has sent in.

My legs are so sore and feel like they had been sun burnt. If the pain isn't getting me down the itching is!

I only take codeine, fluoxetine and vitamin D so don't think it's my meds!

Kate
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:47 am

Hi all
I dont think its my meds because i had the itching long before i started taking the meds . The gp gave me gel for the itching but that dont help either.
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Aloe Vera gel can help ease and cool itchyness. It's something I've used a lot over the years, works brilliantly on sunburn.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Piglet70 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:55 am

I get itchiness on my arms but use a steroid cream to help like betnovate or you can buy lanocane from the chemist that helps too, I still scratch till I bleed though before I think of putting the cream on also a cold flannel applied to the area will help a bit, I only seem to get it when I'm stressed though.
Piglet70
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:25 am

It isn't the meds. I have had it for ages and the Dr recommend that I stop taking them for a while. Still bloody itching. Worse thing is that my skin really hurts at the slightest touch but I cannot stop, in pain if I itch it or not. Also I get a nasty rash where it itches. I find it's worse too when my skin hits the air. Can just about ignore it till my trousers and socks come off then all my nerves just go mad. Bloody horrible along with with all the other crap that comes from having Fibro. I have found that keeping aloe vera gel in the fridge and putting it on ice cold helps to alleviate it just a tad. It just about takes the edge off.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Pye266 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:48 pm

I get the Itch allot, Can drive you insane, But i get it worse after a shower... :-D
TRYING TO COPE IS A JOB ON IT'S OWN, UNLESS YOU SUFFER IT NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND!
Pye266
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gilly52 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Itching is soooo annoying.......both lower legs affected.......it sometimes wakes me up at night, when I get warm in bed.

GP told me to keep the areas well moisturised at all times, also gave me a steroid cream to use sparingly at night, I use double base gel to moisturise, which I find good, so,hoping with the steroid cream also, things will improve. Sparingly on the steroid cream.....I presume it thins the skin eventually, my Mum had problems with a similar cream she used too regularly.

Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia