that burning feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

that burning feeling

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:35 pm

How bad is everyones burning sensation. Mine is all through the top half of my body. Its like severe sunburn or someone holding a blowtorch on you. Its all in under my skin and my skin is permanently red and on fire.
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: that burning feeling

Postby Ren22 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Luckily at the moment I only get it in my toes and chest but it's slows spreading, it is difficult to describe but it is like being on fire under the skin. Must admit saw my doctor on Saturday who is gradually taking me off Pregabalin and prescribed me oral morph because no other painkillers are working but touch wood I have had no pain or burning since using the morphine xx
Ren22
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:55 pm

My consultant did say about the next step would be morphine when he saw my red arms and i explained about the burning. Its a horrible feeling and had it so long before i was told i had fibro
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Mines only recently started to go away. I had it leading up to my 2 week flare and then the week after. My skin doesn't go red but it does feel like sunburn. My skin usually gets like that with flu and seeing as my fibro feels like flu, I guess it makes sense in a weird way!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi debs67, I've mentioned this before here in regards to the burning and have no problem repeating it.

What we tend to have is high uric acid levels and you can buy the PH strips at your drugstore or where ever you buy your meds (or they may tell you where to get it) and this will tell you where your uric acid levels are at and it's important to know this info.

What i have done is changed my eating habits in regards to this condition, salmon and yogurt are excellant for this problem and there other foods that are aslo good for this which you can find on the net.

I still get some burning but it has improved to the point where i can sleep and not have it turn into fullblown gout!

Make sure you do the test strips before you make these changes so you can monitor your acid levels.

Good luck and have a Merry Christmas. :-D
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia