myofascial pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

myofascial pain

Postby debs67 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Merry christmas everyone
Just a query is myofascial pain syndrome related to fibro , or is it totally different pain syndrome altogether.
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: myofascial pain

Postby Dragonz » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:35 pm

I got myofascial damage after an op that went wrong. Im sure the trauma of that started my fibro
Dragonz
UKFM Newbie

Postby kitten » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Have both and don't know which is which ,
some say it's all related and other say it's a syndrome by it's self, I asked my DR this question and she did not know either, which is not really helpful,
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:48 pm

I think it is separate condition but has some things in common with fibro. I am fairly sure I have myofascial pain but whether that is all I have or whether I have fibro as well...who knows?! My physio does a lot of myofascial release techniques with me and it definitely helps. Myofascial tissue is the thin membrane covering all the muscles and tendons - the same as the membrane that covers a piece of chicken meat (not a nice analogy for me, as a vegetarian!). This tissue can get 'crumpled' and twisted and this causes pain. Myofascial release will unwind the tissue and release the adhesions.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Myofascial pain is a separate condition, so can exist alongside additional conditions or as a standalone one.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby juliekp » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:10 am

I get myofascial pain when im coming into a flare. Thats one of my signs thats things r gonna b bad for a while
juliekp
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia