Christmas

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Christmas

Postby ktgreen123 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Hope everyone has had a lovely christmas.

I don't know if it's just me but I have found this christmas absolutely exhausting, even with people over it has completely tired me out.

I have been going to bed every night aching and barely able to move. Feel like I have been hit by a bus!
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Re: Christmas

Postby natmac73 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:16 pm

I can sympathise with you there....I was in bed for 7pm last night! But it's been a quiet xmas for me this year...can't cope with all the stress makes me worse! Merry Christmas! ! X
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby Joyce61 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:22 pm

I know how you feel hun i actually took my family out Monday before for our christmas dinner we agreed that we would i have sandwiches for christmas dinner even had to have a nap after doing that i am now on my second day of what I call payback payback.
Finbers metrology crossed tomorrow will be a better day.

Happy new year to all xx
Joyce61
UKFM Newbie

Postby MilYvieMum » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm in bed, Yesterday I got up at 3pm. Today I'm still in bed at 12.30pm. I'm in agony. I'm lost feeling in my right leg. I've pins and needles in my left arm. My whole body is either on fire or screaming with pain.

I only had my family, hubby and 2 girls. They all chipped in and helped. Nothing was rushed, no stress and still have the run over by a bus feeling.

I almost reached for the oromorph yesterday, but resisted.

If I thought it would help I'd cry, but that would involve taking in more air and my ribs are killing me with just normal breaths.
MilYvieMum
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:06 pm

I had a wonderful Christmas day, but I didn't rest all day. Woke up yesterday and could barely move. Same today. I am in sooo much pain but it was worth it. I have young kids so i knew that I wouldn't get much rest. It was so nice to be able to forget about me for one day and share in their excitement. Wouldn't have done it any differently. I have new memories that I will cherish forever.
Thank god we only have Christmas once a year. It's gonna take me that long to recover!
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby ktgreen123 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Glad I'm not the only one! I've slept for 12 hours an not moved off the sofa today.

Thankfully my family completely get it and are supportive but sometimes I do feel like a liability.
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Postby mel.morris29 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:40 pm

I had to come to work after 2 hectic days off. Really need to sleep. Am in so much pain down my left side...
glad its quiet in the shop.
mel.morris29
UKFM Newbie

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Yes, I rested a lot beforehand and thought I would be okay yesterday with the drive to the family. It took longer than normal to get there, I had a lie down for 20 minutes in a bedroom (but was disturbed by my FIL playing the piano in the next room!!) and then we had to head home.

We got snow. A LOT of snow. It took over 2 hours to do a 45 minute journey, I was driving at less than 30 mph on the motorway and my ended up limping to the loo at the services after an hour because my right foot was up and down on the accelerator the whole way (can't use cruise control under 30mph). I literally could barely put any weight on it but didn't want to get stuck! The snow was so heavy I could barely see at 30mph, so gawd knows how the people going at 70 were managing :nono: A police car came along at one point and drove slowly to stop people racing :roll:

Got home, had a large drink of the alcoholic beverage and am in agony today. There is still so much snow and ice that I've decided I'm not venturing out and will see if it clears a bit before I try.

I hope everyone had a lovely christmas despite our issues.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby widowsmight » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm still trying to recover from Christmas day. I haven't even been able to call my parents in the States to wish them a happy Christmas. I feel bad but I'm completely exhausted. It takes days to recover and yet the Drs say we have to just push through it? Well I do! And look what happens!
widowsmight
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Ditto to all of you...I went to bed at 1500 on Christmas day. I could barely eat my meal, and forgot most of what I meant to do including some gifts for my daughter and her card!!! This condition has a lot to answer for...all I can say is thank God my bills are all direct debit or I would be evicted after my gas/electric/phone were cut off :)
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia