twitching

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

twitching

Postby debs67 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:15 am

My left knee keeps twitching , never had it before, knee feels tight and painful when bending it. Does anyone else get this problem
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: twitching

Postby MilYvieMum » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:30 am

Much to my family's hilarity I twitch all the time. They bought me a cup with a lid because I twitch and throw things. The Doctor prescribed Buscopan and I wear Halcyon bracelets. It doesn't stop the twitching but they help.

My muscles feel very tight and painful and I find I know when I'm going to twitch as the tightness becomes unbearable and the twitch relieves it for a time.
MilYvieMum
UKFM Member

Postby Kristy Wilson » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 am

My legs start twitching as soon as I get into bed then the rest of my body follows. I constantly have the shakes and I my muscles twitch through the day as well. It's horrible. Trying to persuade my Dr to give me something for it.
Kristy Wilson
UKFM Member

Postby fruity72 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:44 am

Hi there

It may be restless legs syndrome, its common with fibro sufferers. I take gabapenton for it and it works a treat.
fruity72
UKFM Member

Postby Libby Clark » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:51 am

I have over the last eighteen months become a twitcher, and no I don't mean a bird watcher!

It started fairly small, just my hand or my shoulder but now I have full body twitches which drive me crazy.

If I sit and relax I can feel the twitch building up before it happens and when it's does jump it really makes me jerk.
I have spilled drinks, dropped cups and plates, knocked things off the table and hit myself in bed so many times, it's just not funny.

I mentioned it to my GP who said that its not Parkinson's Disease so no need to worry, :roll:

I do get cramps and muscle pain too but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

Oh well settling down here now, nite nite fellow twitchers xxx
Libby Clark
UKFM Member

Postby AngieR » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:23 am

Twitching, like dizziness, is a sign I have overdone it/a flare is coming for me. This January I went on a long weekend in Marrakesh for my birthday with a group of friends. I kept going on painkillers and alcohol but as soon as I sat on my seat on plane taking us home, I was jumping around al over the place :roll: It's your body telling you to rest! xx
AngieR
UKFM Member

Postby KarmaNicola » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Just my leg, they said i have restless leg, it does not help when i fly my lap top off my knee. I also have arthritis in my knees too
KarmaNicola
UKFM Newbie

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:01 pm

My twitching was diagnosed as restless leg syndrome and it involves all my body.
Roprinirole helps but had to cut back on dose till I get horrendous heartburn under control. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Pye266 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:15 pm

I get it in my right bicep and it drives me mad.. :lol: But not as bad as the twitching i get under my left eye... :yikes:
TRYING TO COPE IS A JOB ON IT'S OWN, UNLESS YOU SUFFER IT NO ONE WILL UNDERSTAND!
Pye266
UKFM Newbie

Postby widowsmight » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:33 pm

MilYvieMum wrote:Much to my family's hilarity I twitch all the time. They bought me a cup with a lid because I twitch and throw things. The Doctor prescribed Buscopan

That is for bowels and it is over the counter. How does it help your twitching? :-|

I get twitches when I am overtired and can only fall asleep sitting up when I have it.
widowsmight
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 pm

yeah I get twitches a lot. sometimes when I'm sitting at my desk I get twitches/jerks just above my knees. often I get a more rapid twitching inside some of my muscles e.g. arm, it is visible and weird to watch :-D oh yeah and I get twitches below my eyes too.

and sometimes when I'm lying in bed I get twitches / or jerks (not sure how to refer to them really) where my hand will suddenly move upwards briefly.

I'm like a puppet on a string :mrgreen: it's just one of those things I guess. *shrugs*
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby sleepy kitty » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:40 am

It is actually a recognised medical symptom called Myoclonus and is typically associated with neurological conditions, such as MS, Epilepsy and Tourettes. I have seen quite a number of people with Fibro asking about this, so it appears to be quite a common symptom of our condition too. I get it a lot, especially when I am over-tired or in response to visual or auditory stimulus. I can even bring an episode on by listening to Jazz! If you Google it you will find lots of info on it. I'd asked my doctor, and others, about these jerks and twitching on a number of occasions and they weren't even interested, so I looked it up for myself. Hope this helps.
sleepy kitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby MissGems73 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 am

my finger twitches a lot my family call it my trigger finger lol I also get full body jerks and so far only happens when i'm in bed and it seems to be when i've been awake for a a cpl of days at a time.
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia