Headaches

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Headaches

Postby Butterfly8588 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:55 am

Hi everyone,
I've been getting a lot of headaches again recently and wondered if anyone has any tips on how to manage/relieve them? Sometimes they're so bad I can barely put my head on the pillow, although admittedly it's not that often. I don't think they're migraines though but wonder if anyone has any tips?

Thank you for your help.

Happy New year to you all xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Headaches

Postby dmartin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:03 am

I was suffering migraine like headaches but since taking amitriptyline they have decreased to
a occasional headache. I have just increased it to 30 mg a night so I am hoping it will start
to help me sleep better as well. I will keep you posted.
dmartin
UKFM Newbie

Postby dazzleship » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:09 am

I've been trying that 4Head stuff which helps a little bit. it's a stick of kind stuff that you rub onto your temples. it doesn't take the pain away completely but helps a wee bit. hubby says it has a sort of menthol smell (it makes my eyes water if I inadvertently put too much on cos I can't smell it :-D )

also have you tried massaging the fleshy bit between your thumb and forefinger? that is a pressure point for headaches and works quite well. you need to do it on the hand that is on the side of your body that the headache is on (or it might be the opposite side.. cant remember at the moment). if your headache is all over do it on both hands. you hold your thumb close against your hand and where the fleshy bit sticks up you massage that for at least one minute.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 am

Have you tried going for massages? I go as much as I can as it really helps
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby lancashire-lass » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:03 pm

What medication are you on? I had terrible headaches - couldn't stand daylight, loud noises or strong smells - that were not migraine headaches. Turned out that I was having co-codamol headaches - since my GP prescribed paracetamol instead the headaches have vanished.
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 pm

Had had a permanent headache on Tues and Wed. It's gone now. Don't know what caused it. Had a migraine at the weekend too. I last had one in Oct. I don't see any triggers for either of them. I even took ibuprofen and it didn't help. How are your neck and shoulders? Are they more stiff and sore than usual? I know mine were, possibly from exercise. I had to rub volteron gel on mine. It mildly relieved the pain but the headache remained.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:39 am

Hi everyone,
Thank you for you're lovely replies. I'm currently on no regular medication because I didn't find it worked that well and I didn't like how I felt on them. All I do is have 30mg of Codeine and 500mg of Naproxine every now and then to take the edge off when the pain is unbearable.
My neck and shoulders are very sensitive, tight and painful most of the time. I tend to carry a lot of tension around, I'm certain it doesn't help the headaches but I'm absolutely terrified of having a massage because just touching my shoulders can hurt never mind pressing.

Take care xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia