NOSE ISSUES ANYONE?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

NOSE ISSUES ANYONE?

Postby smarthope » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi I have been diagnosed for around 4 years now Fibro and Chronic Fatigue - just lately I have been having probs with a dry red painful nose it seems swollen and red on the underneath around my nostrils - my ears feel painful to sometimes and sometimes my gums.

It looks OK but find this facial pain so debilitating. My GP has referred me to ENT who could find nothing after investigation, said could be atypical facial pain it seems worse if I go out in the cold or drink strong coffee. GP thought might be rosacea or rhinophyomia but ENT thought not at a loss really just wondering if this is a symptom of something else

I don't feel as thou I have got better over time certainly there are periods when I stabalize mostly issues are with me all the time
Any info greatly received thx Smarthope
smarthope
UKFM Newbie

Re: NOSE ISSUES ANYONE?

Postby Paisleyjane » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi, I get dreadful facial pain. It comes in waves, everywhere hurts. Gums, tip of nose, chin, but all over really.
Plus I have an experration wheeze, the ENT said he thinks the fatigue makes my larynx floppy, it does get worse when I am fatigued.
Though I have a scoliosis, so not sure which is causing it. Certainly worse when fatigued
At present am taking heaps analgesia, so its not well controlled.
Don't know what to do about it really, will need to discuss when I go for Lidocaine infusion again. Have been worse since first one few weeks ago.
Like you don't quite know what else to do.
Fibro is certainly odd !
Good luck, :hugs:
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Kernowc » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm

I have perennial rhinitis which is probably non allergic and am continually snorting and coughing with a blocked nose. ENT have not suggested any allergy testing as they say living in Cornwall mean that there are mould spores and tree spores all around and old houses mean dust! I am however booked to see a allergist at my local Chiropractors practice at my own cost. The ENT are sending me (a woman in her 60's) for speech therapy to help me to clear my throat properly and to strengthen the muscles in my voice box!!!
I have been told to use a saline nasal wash daily along with a prescribed steroid nasal spray, though honestly I don't think anything really helps! I sympathise with you. :-?
Kernowc
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't have any nose problems x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby clairefish » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:09 pm

I get terrible pain in my face quite often, my doctor referred me to my dentist who removed a tooth!!!!! Needless to say it didn't work, I am alone with this and all my other pain and feelings but this helps and my family are very supportive, chin up all, Claire xx
clairefish
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia