Random stinging sensation

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Random stinging sensation

Postby keaedmondson » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:09 am

Hi, I have noticed in the last couple of days that I am getting a random stinging/burning sensation in my skin in various places. This includes my stomach, my arm, my fingers. I can only equate it to being pricked with a few needles at once maybe? Do people on here get this as part of FM? Is it just another random symptom to add to my long long list? I think I might be going through a flare at the moment, could that be why I'm getting it?
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Random stinging sensation

Postby lizashfield » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:30 am

I get this a lot too. It's especially bad at the time of the month.
lizashfield
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm

I think I sometimes get something like that. haven't had it for a while though. :-?
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:31 pm

yes I get this as well the first time it happened was one summer it just felt like rain drops on my hand , said to my hubby how can you have rain drops when it's a prefect blue sky !!! get this every now and again
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:23 pm

Get this most days, stinging , burning sensations not nice at all.
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Mini » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:22 pm

I also get this on occasions, started with my legs, then another time in was top of my arms and shoulders, now it likes coming up on my scalp and down my face, feels like really bad sunburn and so sore yet you can't see anything on your skin, it's all weird isn't it
Mini
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:52 pm

keaedmondson wrote:Hi, I have noticed in the last couple of days that I am getting a random stinging/burning sensation in my skin in various places. This includes my stomach, my arm, my fingers. I can only equate it to being pricked with a few needles at once maybe? Do people on here get this as part of FM? Is it just another random symptom to add to my long long list? I think I might be going through a flare at the moment, could that be why I'm getting it?

Similar, my legs, especially my thighs, get very hot, like under a sun lamp hot, and then I get the stinging as if I am getting sunburn. Annoying for me as it is usually when I am trying to sleep...or at least that is when I notice it. I think most issues occur day and night, but during the day we can shut some of it out, but laying in bed, well, who needs sleep right???
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:59 pm

kitten wrote:yes I get this as well the first time it happened was one summer it just felt like rain drops on my hand , said to my hubby how can you have rain drops when it's a prefect blue sky !!! get this every now and again

oh crikey yes I have had something like that! felt like water drops on my skin (back of hand) even though it could not have been - I was sitting in my car at the time :shock:

again I haven't had that for many months though.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zelphi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:43 pm

I often get a stinging sensation on my legs. It feels like a bee sting and for about 10 seconds or so is really painful :-o
Zelphi
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia