My Dad is cancer free!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Dad is cancer free!

Postby scottydog » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi all

Some GOOD news at last. My Dad had the all clear from his cancer scan today. I can't tell you how relieved we all are!!

I have not been as good as usual and have not left the house since last Friday. I was also trying to regulate my sleeping and was doing OK until there was a query over the scan results. Hopefully I can start back on the sleep pattern again and try and leave the house.

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Re: My Dad is cancer free!

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm so so pleased for you x My dad continues to fight, unfortunately this time, he wont beat it :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Fantastic news for your dad and you scottydog!!! Sounds like today is the start of a nice, new and brighter chapter for the both of you. Take things steadily, approach your plans and aims with small steps, that way things don't always seem so huge and overwhelming and impossible to do. But most importantly enjoy life just as much as I think your dad will be xxx

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottydog » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Hii

Thank you fluppyPuppy. He has to have another scan in 6 months time so at least he has peace of mind for a while. He has had 2 large operations and has also fought prostate cancer. He certainly is a fighter and has a great positive attitude. I don't know how he does it!

Hi Theresa34

I am so sorry to hear that your Dad won't recover. You must be devastated. Worrying about my Dad affected my condition and I was really unwell and very depressed. How are you coping? Do you have friends and family to help? In the New Year I felt very low and the members on this board really helped me to see the positives in life.

X
scottydog
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Scottydog that is such good news about your dad.
You have certainly had a dreadful time recently but I hope this is the start of things improving.
Take each day as it come. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Great news lovely start to the New Year :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm

We are supporting eachother x He had oral cancer in 2006 from which he recovered. He was then diagnosed with bowel cancer in June last year. By the time he was diagnosed it had already spread to lungs and liver. He's only 65. It is devastating but taking each day as it comes. He's having chemo, last one in two weeks if he's well enough x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Cannabis oil cures cancer,check Ricks Facebook page and he's got a website,this has been known for years that's why the American government hold the patent to it and spend 20 billion dollars each year to suppress this information as they make more money out of s*** cancer drugs that don't work and do more damage than good

You can't patent a plant this is why G.W Pharmacuticals have made a tablet form of cannabis oil and are currently awaiting to get the patent for it but I'm sure it will cost a fortune when you could grow your own medicine

https://www.facebook.com/ricksimpsonofficial
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Scottydog, that is fantastic news about your Dad and a great start to 2015 too. Hopefully this will help you to start getting back to your regular sleeping pattern and you can start to see some personal improvement with your own symptoms, however ever small.

So pleased for you sweetie, take care

With loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Theresa34, such difficult and sad news to hear, after your father beating off cancer in 2006. All I can say is treasure as many moments as you can with your Dad, I'm sure he will be doing everything he can to get the most time with all of you, as you will with him.

My close friend lost his wife just in November to cancer she was the same age as myself 44, we both had breast lumps removed at the same time, but I was cancer free she was not and unfortunately it was an aggressive cancer. She never once complained the whole time she was a remarkable lady, strong in character with the wickest sense of humour. I never forget her message to us all, "I may only have a short time left, but there is still a life to be lived and new memories to be made, new people to meet, laughter to be had, so lets get started".

When ever I feel overwhelmed by my own illness I think of her and her amazing message and she is right there is a life to be lived regardless of our situation, she now lives on in us all.

My thoughts go out to you, your dad and your whole family Theresa34

With loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:41 am

Such good news x
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks Gracious x We don't see him much as he has started keeping himself to himself. He's usually a very sociable person, down the pub a lot but he's starting to stay home more and more. Its a sad situation but not a lot can be done x
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:35 pm

So pleased to hear that scottydog, no wonder you've been having such a rough time lately. Hopefully this will be a better and brighter year for you.

Theresa, so sorry to hear that x
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dazzleship » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 pm

scottydog I'm really pleased for you (and your Dad) that is great news :-)

theresa, I'm sorry that your Dad won't have the same happy outcome. :hugs:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia