[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - pain clinic

pain clinic

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: pain clinic

Postby MPSGuy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 pm

Oh and as for the pain clinic....

I went in with low back pain and some other pains and the consultant examined me, he diagnosed the problem and then said pretty much "you have to learn to live with it, you will always have some level of pain", try X or Y medication (both of which I had tried already), try exercises like stretching, tai ch, swimming or walking (I already do 2 of those).

So yes, my experience was a bit disappointing and I left quite fed up because no cure or even any treatment was on offer. However with the benefit of hindsight I can see it was useful because it at least gave me a diagnosis and explanation for my pain. That was a few years back now and my pain is no better or worse really. I manage it with the same medications as I did back then.... co-codamol basically.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 pm

It can't be applied across the board though as it involves human beings. Some people can manage their pain better than others, at the end of the day this site is to be supportive not competitive.

We all suffer in our own way and deal with things in a way that best suits us, I for one would never say my suffering is worse than the next persons and if I had one wish it would be that this condition was banished for ever and no-one ever had to put up with it and its associated conditions
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:58 am

Pain scales are useful to some extent, but not perfect, it's still going to be somewhat subjective. As to reaching for the painkillers, some of us have very little option in that area. Even if I wanted to take strong pain relief, which I don't, I can't really go much above paracetamol and ibuprofen as I'm allergic to opiates, which means codeine and anything stronger are off the menu. So I either learn to cope with my pain, whatever the level, or kill myself. No brainer, really.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Charmed » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Well said Zia, amen to it indeed. Lets hope that's an end to it! :nono:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby funnylady » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm

I have got appointment at the pan clinic its starts next mouth April .
Hope they can help with easing the pain.
The clinic appointment is 2 hours at a time.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Some great responses there, and I agree Denys, getting rid of this illness once and for all would be great!

I don't know about the pain scales really, I would imagine that they are subjective in a way, but really on here we should be supporting each other rather than being competitive about it.

:hugs: To all.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby funnylady » Fri May 01, 2015 7:25 pm

The Couse last 8 weeks and you learn a lot about fibromyalgia.
How to coup and how you spread the things you do in the day.
It helps a lot gives you good advise.
You can explain it to other people who don.t understand.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby funnylady » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 pm

How did you find the pain clinic did it help you or don.t.
It help me a lot they told me all different things.
One thing they did is how to be positive and how to explain in a positive way to family and friends about fibromyalgia.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:48 pm

I really liked the pain clinic programme I went on. They covered a lot of stuff, some useful some not as it was aimed for chronic pain, but I did notice that those who were quite defensive didn't get as much out of it. Something I've also noticed on the fb pages I belong to. So I think as long as you go along with an open mind you can take a lot away from it :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby clairbear » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:06 am

clairbear
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:04 pm

Totally agree with your whole post clair - going out in a tick so don't have time to respond properly but yep, 100% agree :)
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia