Fibro & Work

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibro & Work

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:55 pm

jim100uk wrote:she has worked full time in retail management

That's fab! Really happy for your other half.

Fibro is very different for everyone though, which of course means that what everyone is capable of doing is also very different, even though we all got the fibro in common.

At my worst, I wouldn't have been able to do half an hour of work a week, let alone a a full time job. At my worst I wasn't able to walk up the stairs (on a bad day I crawled, on a good day I kept taking breaks and sitting down whilst walking up). And it didn't help that my brain was like mud. I had no idea what day it was, forgot everything, did bizarre things that didn't make any sense, and of course the confusion (forgot what I was saying, whilst actually speaking!), and the most fun, the dysphasia, where I forgot actual words, and kept trying with a myriad of completely non-related words to replace it... causing me much distress.

But it's great to hear that not everyone ends up in the same state! Ideally we would all not just be able to go to work, but have a pain and fatigue (and fog!) free life! Now... where's the medical advance that will do the trick? :-D
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro & Work

Postby bandj » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi, I'm my disabled hubby's sole carer and I work. I've had to cut my hours down from 40 hours per week to 20. I've had the occasional days off but my fm and oa are getting worse and I was diagnosed with angina last year. Hubby's health is deteriorating too and I am struggling to cope with caring for him and work. I've just been signed off for 3 months. Whether I will be able to return to work is an unknown. I enjoy my job but I just don't know what the future holds anymore.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia