25 going on 85

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

25 going on 85

Postby ktgreen123 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Having a bad couple of days and things are really starting to get to me! I'm not normally one for moaning with my FM because I think being positive has a big part of controlling my pain but just lately it's starting to get to me.

I walk around like I'm 85 and just turned 25, I struggle getting out of bed and trying to standing from sitting is so hard! People say slow down but it's so difficult when my friends are running around.

Sorry moan over!
ktgreen123
UKFM Member

Re: 25 going on 85

Postby Gingermama » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:18 pm

I can totally relate! I'm 31 so only a few years older than you but yep, look like a little old lady! I have even given in and bought a shopping trolley as I just can't carry heavy bags anymore and my job involves carry bags of toys and equipment.

Sooo embarrassing but I guess I gotta let go of my vanity. I used it yesterday and of course bumped into an old crush... Cringe! Thankfully he has always been a nice guy but I was mortified. Again, somehow gotta get over it! At least it's pink and polka dotted (I love kitsch stuff, Cath kidston style etc).

Sometimes a good old moan is good for you, to let out all the frustration! Seriously I think sometimes holding it all in can make things worse, tension and stress etc! But I do try to stay positive too. Earlier this week I was so sick of being sick and tired I gave in and took my strong painkillers but tbh they made me feel worse, sick, nauseous which seemed to increase my tension which always makes my pain worse.

So I'm going down the complementary therapy route, saw a kinesiologist today and have gotta go get some different supplements as well as going on an anti candida diet so will be spending the weekend googling meal ideas!
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Re: 25 going on 85

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:37 pm

I know exactly what you mean. I always say I'm 28 going on 88. Like yourself I'm having a really bad time of it at the moment. Struggling to walk, getting out of bed etc. It's so hard knowing people watch the way you walk and wonder what's wrong with you or work friends think you are off work for no reason :(
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia