Severe finger pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Severe finger pain

Postby GQM » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi all I hope your day has been ok.
I have been outside to to replace my wife's headlight bulbs and didn't even manage to get one changed before my fingers stopped me, the pain is just to much to operate my hands so I had to stop even though I was wearing a really good pair of gloves. The cold has never really affected me to much.
When I came in I ran the kitchen tap from cold holding both hands under the running water and gradually warmed the running water until my hands felt almost that they were mine again.
It's so hard getting my head around the issue's that this condition causes.

Just a little piece of the puzzle that Fibromyalgia throws around I suppose. :waiting:
GQM
UKFM Member

Re: Severe finger pain

Postby Garyl » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:48 pm

My hands been like that 24/7 for last 2 years, i wear gloves with magnets in they help a little
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Chewie1767 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:46 pm

I was a mechanic and the pain in my hands started getting bad, now i can't even hold a pencil to write.
Chewie1767
UKFM Newbie

Postby LesleyD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 am

My hands are like this - I have osteo-arthritis in my fingers and raynuads disease! I bought fingerless gloves over the Internet for these conditions and they do work. They compress the blood flow etc. you should give them a try - IMAK - is the make. Best £15.00 I have spent. Good luck xx
LesleyD
UKFM Member

Postby LesleyD » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 am

My hands are like this - I have osteo-arthritis in my fingers and raynuads disease! I bought fingerless gloves over the Internet for these conditions and they do work. They compress the blood flow etc. you should give them a try - IMAK - is the make. Best £15.00 I have spent. Good luck xx
LesleyD
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Like Lesley I have O/A and Reynuard's in my fingers , this winter is the worst they have been , at the moment I can not turn the shower on, have too turn the knob with a face cloth, and having trouble realising the hand break on the car , so I cant drive by myself have to have some one who can realise the brake ,seems there is no strength in my thumbs and hands , have got a pair of the gloves put can't drive in them , just can't wait for some warmer weather
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby GQM » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply.
I have FMS & was told I had raynauds about 14 years ago.
I've always had an outdoor style of job but this year I can't get used to how the cold is effecting me.
I have just come in from the cold having been outside for 20 minutes.
Palms burning and figures in agony.
feet feeling similar
GQM
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia