Cold thighs?!!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cold thighs?!!!

Postby Janewheelan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:13 pm

A bit of a weird one, but I keep getting really really cold thighs, they feel cold inside and are cold to touch. Once they start to get cold it chills my whole body and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Does anyone else get this? How do you cope with it or stop it? :crazy:
Janewheelan
UKFM Newbie

Re: Cold thighs?!!!

Postby lynlyn1212 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:36 am

I get this and I don't know how to prevent it. I just keep rubbing them but I end up going to bed with it and when I wake up it has eased for now. No idea why it happens. You get used to it but sometimes it is hard to cope with. I have just bought a long padded coat like a sleeping bag to help try to stop getting cold thighs when out.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:27 am

I don't get cold thighs but I get achy thighs. Feels muscular and really hurts!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby emmas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:50 pm

I have this almost constantly through the winter and even after the skin has warmed up (from getting a blanket or heating the room a bit more) they still feel cold inside. The best thing I have found is a warm-to-hot bath (not too hot to start with as it can feel like it burns) and then top it up with more hot water until you feel better. Or I sit in bed with the electric blanket on and that seems to help too. As a last resort a blanket on top if my legs and a couple of hot water bottles - one under each leg so as much of the leg is touching the bottle as possible can also help. I also wear thermal 'trainer' socks in bed as this seems to stop me waking up feeling like that but don't make me feel too hot through the night. Hope some of that helps! x
emmas
UKFM Newbie

Postby tintagel » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:00 am

For me it's freezing cold knees, they get numb with cold and I mean whilst in the house! Always seem to have a cold nose as well. My son bought me a heated throw for the sofa in winter, from Dunelm, to use whilst I'm sitting in the evening. It is bliss, highly recommend them. X
tintagel
UKFM Member

Postby MissGems73 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:22 am

I get cold patches on my thighs and calfs rarely go away and my feet get numb with the cold.
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia