help with Meds

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help with Meds

Postby Trish140363 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:18 am

Hello.. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Aug last year and am on zapian 2.. 4 times a day... also on tramadol at night time to help me sleep... and now after a horrid relapse on morphine 10mg 4 hourly. ... I'm also on fluxoitine 20mls only the morphine helps but I don't like to use this a lot as I am still working part time when I can and drive.

Can anyone recommend any other pills that could help? Xx
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Re: help with Meds

Postby Gail J » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:54 am

Hi Trish,
I feel for you, I'm also on Zapain and Trazodone at night, the Zapain works well but only takes the edge off, my GP started me on Gabapentin, initially 1 x 3 times daily but now I'm up to 3 x 3 times daily.
Again they work but the pain remains if not as intense, ask your GP about Gabapentin or Pregabalin, just a cautionary note, you will feel zapped out if you have to take the max dose, suppose it depends how bad your flare is
Gail x
Gail J
UKFM Newbie

Postby KarmaNicola » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

I know how you feel, im on Gabapentin, Naproxen, Tramadol and morphine 30mg with a top up of oramorph when needed, i feel like a zombie most times, but better than being in horrendous pain, and even all of those dont take it away :cry:
KarmaNicola
UKFM Newbie

Postby MissGems73 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:35 am

I have been through them all tramadol gabapetin pregabalin ect im now taking zapain 2 4 times a day naproxin one morning and evening and nortryptolin 3 at night and matrofen patches I change them 3 times a day diazapam I van take 8 mg in the evenings. I only take the diazapam when im having a really bad time. I would recommend anyone try the patches there are a few different ones but I have found the matrofen 25mg change every three days work xbetter for me and im not a zombie from side effects. Nortriptylin ive been told work the same as amatrytolin but I dont get as many nasty side effects from them. I havent found anything that takes the pain away but it can dull it for a little while.

I hope you find something that helps you soon x
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia