allergy

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

allergy

Postby debs67 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Every so often lumps appear on the side of my forehead . They itch on times and the gp said i am having an allergic reaction to something. These lumps can last for a few days at a time. Did read on here about allergies and fibro, could this be a fibro flare up? . Have got cream and tablets when it happens.It happens quite often
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: allergy

Postby juliekp » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:59 am

Hi. In my experience anything is possible with fibro. It doesn't seem to leave anything untouched
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby salkav78 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:20 am

Hi there I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and ME/CFS for 2 years now and every now and again I get lumps on the side of my face and neck they are itchy and look a bit like hives that get puss in them. Gp unsure why I get these I've been tested for allergies but came back normal. GP prescribed strong antihistamines which help a little. I asked GP if it was to do with my fibro but they didn't know. It's so frustrating I hate it when it happens it's embarrassing and makes me want to hide away.. I've heard others who suffer with similar symptom who also have fibro so I think there must be some connection. I think it's to do with our bodies making too much cortisol and our bodies react by making histamine.. Our bodies unfortunately are wired up wrong and sometimes go a little crazy... I hope this comforts you in a way you're not alone....
Gentle hugs to you ... Xx
salkav78
UKFM Newbie

Postby mamamaka » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:04 am

Best thing to do if you think it is an allergy keep a diary of everything you do,touch, eat and drink.... There will be a pattern forming somewhere.
Good luck :-D
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:36 pm

My hives have nothing in common with a flare up. I have worked out that mine reacts to pressure, stress and change in tempreture.

The Dermatologist mumbled something about the CFS/FM in common with allergies as your body is *run down* and more sensitive.

The main thing is getting bloods done to rule out any auto-immune disease/condition as hives can co-inside with an underlying illness like Lupus/RA.

Saying that i have researched alot on hives as i am a chronic sufferer of this and also hormones can play a part in the change of things.

Sometimes it can be like searching for a needle in a haystack as coming up in hives can be triggered by anything so yes writing a diary is very usefull.

I noticed mine quickly as i have trigger point therapy and come up in an out break afterwards. I was then tested for auto-immune illnesses to rule it out. Nothing seems to get rid or control the hives, the histamines help a little.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia