Arms and rib pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Arms and rib pain

Postby Didgery30 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm not sure if I'm on right thing here to post and new to this. I have apparently had fibro for 6 years now. Is it fibro I ask myself. Crushing rib feeling and sometimes they feel bruised. Worse thing for me is my arms so heavy struggle with dressing sometimes everything an effort to carry. A lot of tears recently as pills don't help. Every time I go doctors all I get is its your fibro. Not had no referrals. My shoulders stiff aswell. Last night my scalp was sore to touch which moved to my neck and chest. Just so sick of all the pain anyone else have these symptoms
Didgery30
UKFM Newbie

Re: Arms and rib pain

Postby jacson » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes I have all these pains and more, I think that cold weather increases pain and stiffness, keep warm and be kind to yourself. :-|
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby Didgery30 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Thanks all just sometimes I think really can it be this bad? Think arms bother me the most as ache like I've been carrying bricks. Maybe try water bottle on ribs not tried that one. My hubby bless him is very good always helps me when he can. Just worries me how bad I'm going to get as now I'm struggling and only 39 :( doctor tried putting me on anti depressant but I'm not wanting to go down that route as I know why I'm sad it's because I hurt not because I'm sad if that makes sense. Thanku all for replies nice to chat x
Didgery30
UKFM Newbie

Postby natmac73 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:49 pm

I have exactly the same! !! My arm drives me crazy. .The pain brings me to tears and getting worse so difficult to dress and do my hair. ...I feel likes iit's one thing after another. ..x
natmac73
UKFM Member

Postby Didgery30 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks for helpful comments had first experience yesterday of sore burning skin was horrible but made me think does sound like docs right saying fibro. Luckily has gone now had for 2 days. Yh I tried amitriptiline but had no affect im on codydramol but tbh does nothing for me. Going to see if anything better for me so can feel a bit better hopefully x
Didgery30
UKFM Newbie

Postby jacson » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

How long have you tried amitriptylene for, it took three to four weeks to have any effect on me but is a blessing as it helps me get some sort of sleep, I have been on them now for a few years, diazepam 2mg also helps with bad muscle spasms, but I try not to take these too often only when I am "desperate", I am also on 2x15mg co-codamol every six hours (diluted in water).
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby Polaris » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 am

I had just finished walking my dogs (many years ago) when I sat in my car and all of a sudden my chest went in to spasm and I had difficulty breathing. I had to go to hospital because it could have been a heart attack. As it turns out it was the Fibromyalgia mimicking the symptoms of a heart attack. While the fact that it wasn't a heart attack may be comforting it can also be very worrying, for just a people who have no sensitivity to pain are at risk of injury so are those who are overloaded with pain messages. This is an aspect that is rarely considered. Living in constant pain can often mean that a more serious problem can be masked and overlooked. The best thing to do is to keep asking questions and not ignore something that is new or different to what you've previously experienced.
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby Deano78 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 pm

My ribs are very painfull when touched, and when i do things for a while my arms ache for days. I also think that whenever i go to the docs they just say, "oh, its your fibro"!!!
Deano78
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:09 pm

My rib cage and chest symptoms are one of my worst. I was diagnosed with Costochondritis which goes hand in hand with Fibro. This is inflammation of the rib cartilage.

Then when talking to my Rheumatologist he feels the rib pain and stiffness and problems breathing because of the restriction maybe to do with the thoracic spine. So i am awaiting a full spine MRI (after 15 years! of symptoms)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia