Pip been awarded nothing

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip been awarded nothing

Postby Cjalex » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:20 pm

:shock: I can't believe what I am reading on my letter from pip it's all been twisted what am I meant to do now ? They make no allowances for good and bad days :( I can't work like this but yet I get nothing my family is struggling and it's all my fault hubby can't work he has to look after baby as I can't even do that I'm useless xx with no help from any one :,(
Cjalex
UKFM Member

Re: Pip been awarded nothing

Postby denys » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:31 pm

Appeal the decision, is your doc on board with you as that will help considerably. Go through the report ans highlight the things you dont agree with and get some help from the likes of CAB/DIAL :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get sorted
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stokie1970 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Look up Fight4Justice - they help out with these sorts of cases. They are also on Facebook as FightBack. They have lots of resources to tap into online and they also have limited numbers of advisors who may be able to help. Good luck!
stokie1970
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:17 pm

All i can say is don't feel useless, don't let them make you feel useless because you are not.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby KarmaNicola » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:31 pm

Appeal hun, ive had to do that, apparently i can walk well and stand without aid, mmmm yeah right, im lucky if i can wal to the next room. Hope all goes well if you do appeal, although when i rang up apparently they had made my decision BEFORE the info from all my doctors had got to them.
KarmaNicola
UKFM Newbie

Postby Polaris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:30 am

It is important to ask for a review or appeal within 1 month of the decision or you may have to make a fresh application. This is another example of how the goal posts have been moved as it used to be 3 months to appeal. It takes me 4 weeks or more just to get a reply letter from an hospital consultant.
Polaris
UKFM Member

Postby Suey21 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Good morning, I was getting DLA for 9 years, getting the lower rate disability but higher rate motability. I recieved my PIP form in August 14 as my DLA was due to renew in October 14. I recievedd PIP standard rate for both parts to start December 14. I was informed to hand my car back by 20th january 15. I put in for a reconsideration as without my car I am virtually housebound without the help of friends and family. I am really worried as today is the day for my 1st payment off them, iv checked online and iv recieved my daily living component part but nothing for my mobility component. I feel sick as I think I have lost my reconsideration and lost the standard rate and been awarded nothings high means I will also probably loose my blue badge. I daren't ring to ask why I haven't had the payment and I have recieved nothing in the post on a decision. What do you think the reason is for not getting my payment? And would you phone them? I Feel even more sick with worry x
Suey21
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Suey21 wrote:Good morning, I was getting DLA for 9 years, getting the lower rate disability but higher rate motability. I recieved my PIP form in August 14 as my DLA was due to renew in October 14. I recievedd PIP standard rate for both parts to start December 14. I was informed to hand my car back by 20th january 15. I put in for a reconsideration as without my car I am virtually housebound without the help of friends and family. I am really worried as today is the day for my 1st payment off them, iv checked online and iv recieved my daily living component part but nothing for my mobility component. I feel sick as I think I have lost my reconsideration and lost the standard rate and been awarded nothings high means I will also probably loose my blue badge. I daren't ring to ask why I haven't had the payment and I have recieved nothing in the post on a decision. What do you think the reason is for not getting my payment? And would you phone them? I Feel even more sick with worry x

I feel you should call and get your answers. Nobody can answer as to why the change, other than those who made it. Good luck!
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby cdcrossy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:23 pm

if you got 8 points for mobility you will not lose the badge as you automatically get it for 8 or more points. sorry to hear about your bad news
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:36 pm

Suey I have deleted your post from the other topic you had posted in as it was the same as this one and things can get very confusing around here if you put the same thing up more than once, only having the one post will hopefully get you more answers to your questions and I agree with the poster who said ring them, you will only sit around worrying if you dont and you may end up owing the motobility people money :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia