liver

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

liver

Postby debs67 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 am

Has your liver functions anything to do with fibro. Just had 3 lots of liver blood tests done ( all done over different weeks). My gamma levels are high and i dont drink or smoke . Liver was always fine until dg with fibro. :roll: Seems to be something new every week lately. :roll:
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: liver

Postby Kayleigh » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:16 pm

My liver results are all over the place and no-one knows why. My gamma and ALT levels go really high for a couple of months and then go normal and then high again. Had a liver scan but everything seemed fine. Don't know if it's related to fibro but one doctor thinks that when I have a bad flare up it is affecting my liver.
Kayleigh
UKFM Member

Postby Lk6 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes it seems to go hand in hand with a flare up and with liver results being abnormal straight away I get the fatigue side of it so bad I can barely stay awake the exhaustion is something else! Have to stop walking after a few steps I was never like this I used to go to aerobics every day now that's just a dream.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:48 pm

nothing to do with Fibro but it could be due to the medication you are on

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Polaris » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:58 am

The liver can take a hammering from medication. I can't take Duloxetine due to my liver disease which is almost certainly the result of painkillers, although the doctors don't want to say that as they were the ones who gave me the painkillers in the first place It's called Drug Induced Liver Disease. http://www.medicinenet.com/drug_induced ... rticle.htm.
Polaris
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia