flu jab

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flu jab

Postby debs67 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:07 am

Had a review of my meds the other day and because i have fibro i was asked about a flu jab and had i considered having one. Has anyone else had a flu jab ?
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: flu jab

Postby flower-girl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:37 am

hi debs, I have a flu jab every year and have done for years (I am also asthmatic) and also had the pneumonia jab for the first time just before christmas. I have not had the flu since I was pregnant with my youngest child (15 years ago) and I didn't get the flu jab then. I think it definitely helps, the only thing I can say that is negative is that the needle site was very sore, tender and swollen for a few days (the flu jab one I mean, the pneumonia jab site was absolutely fine) :-) bit of a spiel sorry lol but I hope this helps a bit :-D x
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything - Rou Reynolds, ENTER SHIKARI x
flower-girl
UKFM Newbie

Postby Barbara H » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:47 am

Hi,

I have had the flu jab each year, no problems.
Barbara H
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:58 am

I've had it once was ill for 3 weeks then I got fibromyalgia,I could post evidence all day on how not to get the flu jab but it's your body your choice but I would highly recommend doing some research before you get it
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby lynlyn1212 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:57 pm

As an asthmastic I have had the flu jab every year for years ( at least 16). No problems and no flu. Only a sore arm with a swollen red mark for a few days which does not happen to my son who always has the jab at the same time as me.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby jayanne1311 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Have had the flu jabs for many years,over 10, and only had local reactions for last two.I wonder if that is because of fibro but it won' stop me continuing with the jab
jayanne1311
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:44 pm

I had it for the first time just before christmas, (october i think) and i will never have it again, the injection site was raised and sore for a couple of days and it ended up ith a whacking great bruise about half the size of my upper arm, and even to this day i have pain i my arm and even with HMS i cant bend my arm as far back as i could before the jab
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia