intolerences

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: intolerences

Postby carolad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:42 pm

Fibrad wrote: Have avoided probiotic yoghurts as dairy an issue - am I right in this, or does the advantages of the live cultures outweigh the disadvantage of the dairy content of the yoghurt?

I'm sure I read somewhere that bio yoghurt is easier to digest than other dairy products. But I have no idea where...sorry! I suppose you could always try it and see how it makes you feel?
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:08 am

I have salicylate intolerance but it was diagnosed before the fibro was diagnosed so I'm not sure that the two are related. This problem gives me a lot of trouble with my sinuses.

I already don't eat much wheat as I'm in two minds as to whether that makes my sinuses worse too.

I'm now trying to cut down on dairy products to see if that helps with my sinuses, but I haven't quite managed to give up cheese yet :-? :roll: :mrgreen:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 am

Theresa34 wrote:
becxy1970 wrote:Hi all I have intolerances to yeast, lactose and aspartame. I have IBS and swell up and look very pregnant when I have had something with yeast in it.

What is your reaction to aspartame?

Gives me migraines :(
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Intolerances/hypersensitivity to various things is a known associated problem with FM, and can affect us in very different ways. If you think you may have an issue with something, it is advisable to talk to your GP or a dietitian about it before starting to cut out/change things diet~wise, just to be sure that it is a suitable approach for you to try.

Wrt to wheat and dairy, I've tried cutting them out/swapping to alternatives a number of times over the years, but each time it has made absolutely no difference to how things feel FM~wise. The only thing I did notice was that the malty, seedy, granary type breads make a slight difference to my IBS {in a good way} by seeming to help reduce the amount of bloating experienced.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ixel-chick » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:11 pm

I've had IBS for 8 years before getting fibro, and no change happened to the IBS when the fibro came.

I'm also not good with co-codamol, they give me awful headaches (Paramol for some reason doesn't, my pain killer of choice when I take some).

Within a week of starting on my new tablets for the fibro though, I noticed a change in my tum. I can now eat vegetables and fruit that I haven't been able to eat for 8 years! Only thing I still get a reaction to is garlic. Garlic is still a massive no-go.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:05 pm

migrembe wrote:
Theresa34 wrote:
becxy1970 wrote:Hi all I have intolerances to yeast, lactose and aspartame. I have IBS and swell up and look very pregnant when I have had something with yeast in it.

What is your reaction to aspartame?

Gives me migraines :(

Oh I see. I get migraines here and there. They're were worse and more often when I was on birth control. Now they're much easier to deal with and not very often.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia