For those of us fortunate enough to still work...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: For those of us fortunate enough to still work...

Postby dazzleship » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:09 pm

I explained to my manager and HR that I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, gave them some links to read up on it, and luckily they are quite understanding when I need the occasional one or two days off when I have a bad flare up. They arranged for me to see an Occupational Health person who made suggestions about my desk and stuff.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Re: For those of us fortunate enough to still work...

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:17 am

I explained it quite calmly when I started my current job 2 years ago, its a Health and Safety company so I knew they'd understand and they did. My director went away and read up on fm and they've been great about the couple of minor adjustments I've needed (llike a trackball mouse), I've now applied to work from home on Wednesdays and am waiting to near back on that decision. My previous job was in an NHS role in what was the Primary Care trust before the Tories messed about with it all, and they were brilliant too, even though I was just a temp. Again, I found just explaining it calmly and confidently was the best tway to do it, but it probably helps that I've only had 1 day off sick with fm since I was diagnosed.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia