Normal skin!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Normal skin!

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:17 pm

:-D Not that my skin is normally abnormal, but it's certainly been feeling like it.

I'd forgotten how it felt not to have painful skin. Last year, any little thing happening to my skin has hurt like crazy. One of my dogs has a habit of scratching me, when she's not getting all the attention she wants (she's like a snuggle baby - wants to be in the arms all the time).

I remember mentioning it to a doc... how I would suddenly scream with pain when my dog scratched me... something so little that used to be an annoyance, had suddenly turned into living hell. As I said, nothing had changed with my skin, so something had certainly changed in how I feel pain.

On bad days it was enough with the clothes touching me.

And yesterday, I was holding the new sink in place (re-doing the kitchen), and my dog started scratching at my legs... and I just told her "wait a minute, mum's busy" - and as she kept scratching (the world "wait" doesn't exist in her world), it dawned on me that my skin is back to normal! Although I'm now painfree, the realisation that my skin is back to normal made me want to cry with happiness. :-D

And yes - my doggie got a good old snuggle as soon as the sink was in place.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Re: Normal skin!

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:13 pm

I know the feeling hun x It still hurts during flare ups but its mostly normal x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Normal skin!

Postby denys » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Yep it happens to lots of us skin feels tender and the slightest touch hurts :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia