Muscle gel

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle gel

Postby katybaby411 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:41 pm

I am currently skiing in Italy and my boyfriend injured his knee. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but I used some of his muscle pain killing gel for the pain in my upper back. The Italian gel is called Dicloreum. It worked brilliantly. Obviously being on holiday is the best remedy but when I go back to work I'm going to apply the gel to my upper back and neck in the morning since that's when I'm the most stiff, the pain comes after lunch so we'll see. Does anyone know of an UK equivalent of this type of gel? I'm heading there tomorrow and want to stock up! Thanks x
katybaby411
UKFM Newbie

Re: Muscle gel

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Firstly, enjoy skiing! Lucky you!

I'm not entirely sure if it's the same ingredients, but there are many gels in this country like Voltarol and Ibuleve, and many cheaper equivalents. I sometimes use them but my partner has to do it for me and he doesn't always have time, plus the stuff stinks so I tend to sit and wait for it to fully sink in before putting clothes on!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dejay » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:15 pm

I have just found a muscle gel, so have only used it a few times,but my friend who used it then told me about it, calls it liquid gold,I found it wonderfull,it helped a lot on my neck and shoulders, and the muscles in the back of my legs,only one draw back it is £18 a tube,it is called Flexiseq, Itry to use it only when i realy need it. and it is not available on prescription, lol
dejay
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:33 pm

My GP gave me some, but when I read the leaflet it said not to use if you have ever had stomach ulcers. Its the same sort anti inflammortory as Ibroprofen , which I can't have either. Good job I checked as I am under hospital again for stomach issues.
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby Hepbell » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:02 pm

I also use muscle gel ,it's called Penetrex.i also use sparingly because it's £15 a tub but I do find it takes the worst of the pain away sometimes and worth the money. I find anti inflammatory tend not to do much but will try them if desperate.you buy Penetrex online from fairfresh.co.uk.
Hepbell
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Glad to hear you found something that works!

Voltarol has the same active ingredient as the Dicloreum: Diclofenac, so you can get it just about at any pharmacy or large supermarket.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Flexiseq is not available on prescription as it doesn't contain any medication.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Cfldjamie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 pm

Looking on Wikipedia It say the British version is Voltarol
Cfldjamie
UKFM Member

Postby lynlyn1212 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 pm

I use Voltarol gel and recently the 12 hour one which is stronger. It says not to use if asthmatic and I am but it doesn't affect me. It doesn't help with all pain but is quite good for hands, knees and ankles. Sometimes my neck but rarely my back. I carry it with me everywhere.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:52 am

I use Voltaren here in Canada. It really helps. Also 100% Arnica gel helps sometimes.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia