Feeling positive

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling positive

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 pm

For now! ;-)

Having had my pain clinic appointment and referrals for Tai Chi, Hydro and the Programme, as well as external physio and CBT, I am feeling a bit brighter about things and hopeful that if I can get to a place where I can cope with the pain and exhaustion and work again, part time, then that would be great.

I am using TENS which is helping with some of the worst pain. I am trying Pregabalin and although not terribly hopeful it is a miracle pill I am hoping it will improve matters a bit. I want to try meditation to help me sleep, and learn other techniques on the programme.

Since coming off Duloxetine when I was feeling numb (AD) and wired with no sleep for 3 weeks, I was worried that I would feel upset like I did before I went on it. But no, instead I'm actually feeling bright and dare I say, a little bit of hope! I know that all these referrals/treatments will end in time and I'm a bit nervous about that, but am trying to enjoy my current mood as it's so rare!! :crazy: :mrgreen:

Just thought I would share my positivity, anyone else feeling this way?

:grouphug: :elephant:

I just liked the elephant smiley!
Last edited by Zia2014 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: Feeling positive

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:13 pm

:-D Excellent!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling hopeful and positive!

Oooooo - Tai Chi! I've never tried (this is classified as "exercise" to me, and exercice is just about a swear word in my vocabulary), but it looks so lovely. When I lived in London there was a small park in Soho where people of all ages used to practice it, and I loved sitting on a bench (generally stuffing my face with brekkie before heading to work) watching them.

Good luck with everything lined up - let us know how you get on.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Ivy67 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:36 pm

So glad you're feeling positive, I think being proactive and trying to improve your quality of life is the best thing.

I am starting Tai Chi soon and yoga once things have calmed down at work. I did start with hydrotherapy and educations sessions but found it depressing as many of the women used it to talk about themselves and all their ailments. I will be feeding this back to the hospital as it's a shame that I missed out.

Good luck :-D
Ivy67
UKFM Newbie

Postby lancashire-lass » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:20 pm

I hope the Tai Chi works for you.
I had always wanted to do it and when a class started at my local health centre I signed up, but the fibro fog beat me!! The instructor would demonstrate a short sequence of movements for us to follow, no problem there just following his lead. The problem for me came when he wanted us to repeat the movements without copying him, so he could observe us and correct any mistakes. I couldn't remember the moves - even one minute after he finished taking us through them :(
After six weeks of classes and of trying to remember the basic first sequence I gave up. Its not like me to give in, but I was SO disappointed and frustrated with myself :banghead:
I attend Pilates and Body Balance now as these classes are always following what the instructor is saying or demonstrating - so no need to try to memorise a sequence.
Good luck with the Pain Clinic - I know it helped me a lot, teaching me different coping techniques.
Last edited by lancashire-lass on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:23 pm

hi Zia

it's great to hear you sounding so positive, that's a very good thing :-D :hugs:

sounds like you've got a lot of referrals to look forward to, and glad the TENS machine is doing you so good.

as for worrying about the referrals ending, don't think about that just now. absolutely no point in worrying about something that hasn't happened yet.

keep up the positive mood :-D
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Why thank you chaps.

As is usual in this Fun Fibro Land, I've had a bit of a dip because I had a really bad stomach yesterday and couldn't eat any dinner :roll:But I've eaten today and am back on the rollercoaster again.

Not sure this analagy is a good one seeing as rollercoasters have a massive dip!!! :mrgreen:

ixel-chick wrote:Oooooo - Tai Chi! I've never tried (this is classified as "exercise" to me, and exercice is just about a swear word in my vocabulary), but it looks so lovely.

I found it okay, it did really help with stress when I was doing it but that feeling didn't last long for me. It's nice to do in classes, sadly there aren't any near me anymore which is a shame.

Ivy67 wrote:So glad you're feeling positive, I think being proactive and trying to improve your quality of life is the best thing.

I am starting Tai Chi soon and yoga once things have calmed down at work. I did start with hydrotherapy and educations sessions but found it depressing as many of the women used it to talk about themselves and all their ailments. I will be feeding this back to the hospital as it's a shame that I missed out.

Good luck :-D

Thanks - I'm definitely trying to be proactive and trying all the things offered because I figure if I can find a few things that help, even in a small way, my quality of life will improve and I really want to work again. That's a real shame about hydro, we don't really talk to each other as we're concentrating on our stuff too hard!

lancashire-lass wrote:I had always wanted to do it and when a class started at my local health centre I signed up, but the fibro fog beat me!! The instructor would demonstrate a short sequence of movements for us to follow, no problem there just following his lead. The problem for me came when he wanted us to repeat the movements without copying him, so he could observe us and correct any mistakes. I couldn't remember the moves - even one minute after he finished taking us through them :(

Yes I found that too, but they almost always did it in front of us and as I used to dance, it's like your body takes over and you remember the moves without thinking about them too much. But I imagine you'd have to do it all the time to get to that point.

Dazz mate I'm just trying to be realistic, I think it's healthier than ignoring the inevitable because I know it will happen and I want to get access to as much help as I can whilst I'm in their system.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia