nausea feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

nausea feeling

Postby debs67 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:25 pm

Had it for the last few days that sickie, nausea feeling. Dont feel right at all , is this another symtom of fibro . Afraid to eat to much just in case it does make me sick :-?
debs67
UKFM Member

Re: nausea feeling

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:37 pm

If you don't eat then you will feel worse x Eat small amounts at least and nothing spicy or rich. I get nausea here or there but its hit and miss and nothing worrying. It could be a bug of course or something not agreeing with you. Sont put everything down to fibro as there are many other things it could be. Just take care of yourself and drink plenty x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Hannah24 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:08 am

Hi,

I get chronic nausea with the fibro. Feels like constant morning sickness. The doctor prescribed me ondanstetron (please ignore spelling) and it is a real life saver. The other drug I have tried for sickness is cyclizine which is also a good one. Definately agree that it is better to eat small amounts as it can really help too. Take care x
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:13 am

I do get some nausea with fibro but very infrequently. I don't want to scare you,but I have just had a bug which made me feel unwell for a couple of days before the main event! I agree that eating small amounts may make you feel better. Hope it soon passes x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby shazzer67 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:34 am

I've been trying to decide whether it's Fibro or hormone/menopause related! For the past 4 weeks or so...it's a constant! Exactly how I was during my 2nd pregnancy, but I know for a fact that I'm not pregnant!!
Once again, it's nice to feel 'normal'...I love you lot! X
shazzer67
UKFM Newbie

Postby ixel-chick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 am

shazzer67 wrote:For the past 4 weeks or so...it's a constant!

I was the same too, for weeks at end... I just sat rocking back and forth, hoping to puke, but knowing it wouldn't help (once I did, and felt just as terrible afterwards). I am however not 100% certain it was fibro related, as my heart was very messed up at the time. It could very well have been a mixture of both.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 am

Have you been started on any new medication as it could be that.
Gaviscon liquid can be helpful and my friend swears by ginger beer. Hope feel better soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:23 pm

I was put on hrt at the beginning of january as bloods came back on menopause. Been taken the tablets for a while now and hadnt had any effect of them .
debs67
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:34 pm

I got it as a side effects of different meds, but tbh to me unless I'm actually throwing up it's nowhere near my worst side effect so I just ignore it!
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby HOMER » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:55 pm

I find nausea is invariably caused by exhaustion from lack of sleep.
HOMER
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:34 pm

HOMER wrote:I find nausea is invariably caused by exhaustion from lack of sleep.

interesting Homer, as i have found recently that instead of feeling really tired as i usually do, I start to feel sick and just a hint of tiredness.my daughter used to be sick if she was over tired. hope you find the cause debs67 and can do something about it
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Must say I agree with most of the answers you have already received.......I tend to get nausea in the morning following a bad night's sleep, when i feel so exhausted......also if I am having a particularly bad time and go off my food, nausea will always kick in then, I agree small amounts of food are best, even if you can 't face a lot, a piece of toast is better than nothing, and will help your stomach for other drugs you have to take through the day....as never good on a completely empty stomach.

As a standby by I am prescribed Metoclopramide 10 mg, 3 x daily, I have found them very good, usually just one will do the trick.

Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia