esa found fit for work

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa found fit for work

Postby Leavanny » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:07 pm

:scream-1: :scream-1: :pull-hair: Finally had my atom assessment in January, had a letter through today telling me the have found me fit for work.
I could and probably will cry.
So i think my next step is to ask for a reconsideration,? but we will get no money. So what do I claim? Argh, really don't need this.
Leavanny
UKFM Newbie

Re: esa found fit for work

Postby Cjalex » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:36 pm

Appeal I got found fit for work with esa it quit to court court ruled against them got a lump sum of back dated money xx
Cjalex
UKFM Member

Postby Moobaloo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:01 pm

You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and make a 'SAR' request, which is a request for copies all the information the DWP hold on you in regards to your ESA claim, including the points awarded (or not!) at the ATOS/work capability assessment & the decision maker's notes. You need to make the request in writing, send it recorded delivery.

Once you've got all the papers through from the DWP, you can pick apart their decision & list all the lies & errors in your appeal. Did you have any help filling your claim form in? The Benefits & Work guides are very good, and they also do one to guide you through making an appeal.

Moobaloo
Moobaloo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:51 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: with it all
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Crazybear » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Sorry to hear about your ESA letter.
I myself have been through that mill several times, and in fact I'm still awaiting my appeal from nearly a year ago.
If your Doctor is willing to write a letter on your behalf you may be able to sway the appeal board. Meanwhile I'm afraid its back to the job centre and all the pressure of 'trying' to find a job.
If you can cope with it for a few months then you can get signed off by the Doctor again and go back on ESA.
Crazybear
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lk6 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:51 pm

I'm so glad I'm of retirement age now as there is no way I could hold down a job as I can barely get out of bed in the morning after writhing about the bed all night trying to get some sleep. I feel so sorry for the younger ones still having to battle and convince these bureaucrats that they are not fit for a days work. I have found that if I manage a few hours sleep after battling it all night that I could possibly do some work in the afternoons buts only for a few hours but that is the time I use to do all the things necessary to keep on top of all my housework and other chores so if I had to work all these things would just pile up. I am not a lazy person I used to do aerobics daily and work also,this disease has robbed me of my life. To all the young people out there with fibromyalgia don't give up keep fighting we only have each other no one understands what we live with every single day of our lives.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Postby Biggles57 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:24 am

Biggles57
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia