Falling feeling

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Falling feeling

Postby Bambi fibromyalgia » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Over the last two years I have been getting increased amount of falling sensation when I am moving my arms/hands. It feels like that dropping feeling just before you go over on a roller coaster, or that feeling that startles you awake. Does anyone else get this?
Bambi fibromyalgia
UKFM Newbie

Re: Falling feeling

Postby GQM » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:18 pm

I have described this as "weightlessness" like your at the top of the stroke of a swing, I get it in bed and feel like I am falling through the air.
GQM
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm

I've had it long before fibro, I do have vertigo so don't know if it's that or not. I have also had it in bed.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Bambi fibromyalgia » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Yes, the swing drop feeling is very much like it. I get it from the motion of my hand or arms moving. The only thing that gets rid of it is going to bed. :-( But I don't have vertigo (well at heights maybe).........
Bambi fibromyalgia
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Zia,

I too get it when lying in bed. I literally feel like I am going to fall through the mattress.....I often visualize the Johnny Depp scene from Nightmare on Elm Street...... :twisted:

The worst is when I am out and about because it has started to make me ....whisper....pee a little.... (totally embarrassed) :yikes:

:crazy:
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Bambi fibromyalgia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Maybe I did not make myself as clear as I thought. I am asking if anyone else gets a dropping feeling (weightlessness) when moving their arms. Not when they are a sleep or laying in bed, but standing or sitting trying to do things.
Bambi fibromyalgia
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia