Too Many Meds?? Raised LFT results??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Too Many Meds?? Raised LFT results??

Postby TNK* » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Here is a list of what I am taking at the min

2 x 30/500 Co-Codamol - 4 times a day
1 x 120 Arcoxia Once Daily
30mg Amitriptyline - Evening
5mg Zolpadem Nightly
1 x Lansoprazole Morning and Evening
3 x Orlistat - 3 times a day
200mg Ferrous Sulphate - Morning and Evening (only just started these this week to try for RLS)

So I think I am going to ask for a med review, I take the Lansoprazole due to the Atypical reflux the co-codamol and arcoxia cause, Ami ive been on for a year for Fibro, it should be 40mg, but that was just giving me crazy bat s**t dreams and scaring me silly with sleep paralysis, so 30mg is fine by me.
The Zolpidem is to push me over the edge to sleep, as no matter how shattered i am i just cannot naturally drift over the threshold to sleep without it.
Orlistat is a recent one as ive put on a bit of weight since an op last year and it just wont budge, ive been on it before and GP is happy for me to try again!
The iron tables are because i went to my GP re RLS as i just couldnt cope any more so he sent me off for a bucket load of blood tests to see if my iron levels could be to blame!

So got said blood tests back the other day and iron levels and stores were at an adaquate level, a tiny bit low but nothing drastic, so I am to try iron tablets for a bit to see if they help with the RLS, its only been 4 days so I cant tell yet!

but the GP said my LFTs were slightly raised, now she did say not by anything alarming, but considering the across the board blood tests ive had done in the last 2 years have never shown any increase at all in LFT levels, I am sort of a little bit concerned!

I have read that being on Ami can raise LFT levels, which i suppose could be a cause, but im thinking that all the other stuff im on as well cant be helping the effectiveness of my liver function.

I think i have just talked myself into another chat with the GP about my meds, thanks for listening xxx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Too Many Meds?? Raised LFT results??

Postby ixel-chick » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 pm

TNK* wrote:I think i have just talked myself into another chat with the GP about my meds, thanks for listening xxx

;-) You got your answer already.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Re: Too Many Meds?? Raised LFT results??

Postby denys » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:18 pm

I always think it does good to get a regular meds review, thing is if we can drop a tablet or two or swap things around so that you are getting the maximum benefit possible then :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: so :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia