[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Costachondritis help please

Costachondritis help please

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Costachondritis help please

Postby Trish140363 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:40 pm

I'm sat her in the most excruciating pain with Costachondritis and am wondering if there is anything else I can do to help it. I don't wanna take any more pills as I'm already on cocodamol gabapentin and oramorph at night time. I do sometimes use extra power deep heat cream but it tends to burn when I rub a very small bit into both ribs and a hot water bottle sometimes helps but not today ... any advice please???

Xx
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Re: Costachondritis help please

Postby LizzieP » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 pm

I have this atm and it's awful, isn't it? Apart from all the meds and heat to the area, the only other thing I sometimes do is wear one of the shaper type underwears. The tighter the better around the ribs seems to help me, but I suspect it's a 'works for some and not for others' type thing, like so many ways of managing FM. Might be worth a try though...
LizzieP
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:38 pm

I know you've said you don't really want to take any additional meds, but it might be worth considering doing so, for a little while at least. The usual treatment for Costochondritis involves taking anti~inflammatories/NSAIDS such as ibuprofen or something stronger if needed to help ease/reduce the inflammation of the cartilage in and around the sternum/ribcage area.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:44 pm

I agree with Flup sometimes if things dont ease then it becomes necessary to resort to some meds :yikes: :yikes: have you tried a TENS machine
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bridesmum » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:38 am

I have rib pain but it on the sides of my ribs not the sternum, it makes it hard to take a deep breath or cough. Does this sound like costocondritis or not? Thanks
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:49 am

Costochondritis is inflammation of rib cage muscles, so can occur anywhere on the ribs x
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia