Dropping thing and tripping up over nothing...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dropping thing and tripping up over nothing...

Postby kazza65 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi everybody hope your as well as expected with Fibromyalgia..

Recently i have started dropping things like cups, cutlery, medication and also my little puppies leash also i have been tripping up aswell.

I haven't had a bang to the head or any trauma so its all miss understood and haven't done anything it just come on out of the blue. Also i've noticed that whilst walking in the garden that i have started tripping up on Monday I tripped up just missing the sharp edge of the concert flag stone court my thigh and crazed it.

I have all notice that i unsteady on my feet. Yesterday i was in the garden cleaning my doggies number 2 up, that when i had the fall. This has been going on. I can walk Into the kitchen and bend down to go in the cupboard for a biscuit and the next thing know is that i'm on the floor trying to r

Any idea what be greatfull
Live life to the full as you don't know when it will end xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kazza65
UKFM Member

Re: Dropping thing and tripping up over nothing...

Postby ixel-chick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Sorry to hear your balance is being affected. :(

It does seem to be a trait of the fibro: http://www.fmnetnews.com/latest-news/wh ... ancing-act & http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836495/ (just two examples).

I didn't have any balance problems as such, but I was very clumsy (and thus ended up with a broken toe a few months ago... just what I needed on top of everything else! :lol: ).

I do normally get clumsy on a regular basis anyway. Don't know how it works, but I get clumsy when I have my period. Body & brain is just that tiny little bit "off", and I'll bump into things, miscalculate steps by a fraction, etc.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi kazza65, yes this is common and i have had people call me clumsy and clutz and spazz all the time and yea the name calling can and does hurt, but it's part of this affliction.

Dropping things? All the time and it's frustrating as hell! Can i say that here? :oops: I find that we have spasms in our arms and i believe that may be why we drop things and have limited control when handling things.

Do not get surgery if the Dr. says you have carpal tunnel as that will only make things worse for you!

Try to be extra careful when doing things, especially on stairs or uneven surfaces because you never know when your balance will go out on you and if it's slippery outside then the best way to walk is like a penguin in a shuffle like manner.. not joking here.

Cheers.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:26 pm

Sorry that this is bothering you so much kazza, I have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt...and the bruises. :yikes:

My partner actually gets tot he point of annoyed, because he thinks that I do it on purpose. I have learned that no dish is sacred, and if it is really important, get someone else to carry it. :crazy:

(By the way, I have some doggy number 2's if you feel like coming over) :dogrun1:

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Yup. A tripper upper and suffering from dropsy here, too. It does seem to come with fibro. I'm not putting it down to old age yet.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Sorry to hear that this has started to happen to you, I found it quite frightening and very frustrating. I am now at the acceptance stage even when I fall down the stairs and hurt myself. You might find that it continues or comes and goes in different stages, but the main thing to remember is that you are not alone and it is perfectly normal for some one with fibro. Try not to let others around you worry you and make a big issue of it, IF YOU feel that you need to go to the GP?A&E for advice or if you have hurt yourself then obviously go, but dont let those around you try to take control.

I hope that posting has helped you. Take Care.

Everything that is written is my persoal opinion and you must do what you feel is right.
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby bigmommas » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:18 pm

OMG I thought that dropping things losing my balance and feeling light headed was all the medication I was on, try to tell people how you feel each day and they look at you as if you`re a hypocondriach I`ve just been off work for 5 weeks because I cannot stand sit or walk for long without pain. they are going to get occupational health in to see if I can retire because of my health I am 60 I also have flushes amongst other things if they rule against me they can get rid of me with very little pension the stress is making things worse :yikes: :cry:
bigmommas
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Whilst these issues can be attributed to FM, they can also be associated with other conditions. With you saying that this has started happening to you recently, it might be worth having things checked out with your GP to be sure there isn't anything else behind them rather than thinking/putting them down to FM. Doing so may also help settle your mind about things too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:16 pm

All the time! I've always been clumsy but this really is at another level.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia