Muscle enzyme

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle enzyme

Postby julier59 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:19 am

Morning can anyone please advise me as to what muscle enzymes are, have had blood test results and its stating that mine are slightly elevated, am being sent for more test's, but not sure what they are or do, have looked on the web but am not to clever with computers as I don't have one and use my phone, but I don't understand what it all means, thankyou for reading x
julier59
UKFM Member

Re: Muscle enzyme

Postby denys » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Sorry have no idea, think the best thing to do is to ask your doctor as the internet can give you both good and bad advice and information, the body uses different enzymes for different jobs so get advice from those who know what they are talking about. :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Also I have moved your post into somewhere more suitable so hopefully you will get more replies :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ali170 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi love,

elevated muscle enzymes can be due to all manner of things including, trauma or injury, medications and lots of underlying medical conditions.

I wouldn't worry too much if they are only slightly elevated as they can fluctuate. But if they continue to rise that's when they can cause problems , they are very important in the smooth running of the body. I would wait until you have the results from your next blood tests and discuss them with your GP.

Take care and good luck xx
Ali170
UKFM Member

Postby Lk6 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:52 am

As someone else has already posted elevated muscle enzymes can be raised for several reasons, I'm just wondering why they sent you for the blood tests initially , as I just had some done to check on cholesterol and they did the muscle enzyme test at the same time as the meds to lower cholesterol can effect the muscles and in my case I had to stop them immediately as I had elevated levels due to the cholesterol medication destroying the muscles, it may be nothing to do with this but just struck a chord as this has just happened. Hope all is well with next lot of results.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Postby julier59 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Thankyou for the replies, thankyou denys for moving my post , am new to this so thanks again, not really sure why they sent me to be honest, have had lots of blood tests done over the last few months and it was picked up on them ,will ask at my nxt appointment and hopefully be able to understand it better. thanks again everyone x
julier59
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:38 pm

You're welcome I hope you get some answers soon :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia