Fatigue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fatigue

Postby jayanne1311 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:36 pm

I was out with my daughter this week,just a gentle walk round town.In 1 shop I had to climb a steep but short flight of stairs. Once I had come back down I was overwhelmed by a feeling of tiredness so bad that I had to ask her to take me home. I had a rest and fell asleep for about an hour . I s this the fatigue everyone talks about or something different? Whatever it was, it was horrible. It makes me feel anxious about going anywhere on my own. Comments please.
jayanne1311
UKFM Member

Re: Fatigue

Postby Gingermama » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:03 am

Well I don't know about everyone else but this is me pretty much everyday! Once I've stopped that's it I'm done! I'm usually ok while I'm still going then as soon as I stop it hits me like a tonne of bricks and I have to sleep! Went out with my family today then in the car home I flaked! It's horrible!
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby fuzzyhead130 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am

Sorry your shopping trip was ruined,unfortunately this sounds like jolly old fibro. However,many of us have got crafty in our approach.
First plan ,where are you going and make a short list .maybe on 3 shops for what your wanting,nearest cafe for sit down to evaluate energy levels and recoup.
Choose your days weekend shopping for fibro folk isn't good,make it a week day if possible.
Never go alone,you need support.
Last couple of times I have discovered the wonders of Shopmobility,for a small donation you can borrow a scooter and your whole world will be open again.
Please try not to feel down,life hasn't stopped we just have to rethink our way around a problem ,be abit more open to alternatives,oh and of course,the wonder of internet shopping,let some other poor person wear out their feet for you.
I have a lovely pic of a dear friend and I in Manchester both on scooters Christmas shopping laughing all the way .xxxxxx
fuzzyhead130
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Please try not to worry, you may not go through this every day, although a lot of us do like Gingermamma said it is horrible. For me I feel like I've wasted a good part of my day, sleeping. But it's a new way of life, our bodies have changed and we need to rest/sleep. :sleep:

As Fuzzyhead says, we need to plan. That is extremely important, although sometimes I forget to plan (fibro-fog) and my day goes to pot. :roll: I agree Shopmobility is fantastic for less pain and more comfort when going round shopping centres.

I love my scooter and the independence (to a certain extent) it gives me. A certain extent, because I never venture out alone. It is quite difficult to cross certain roads due to all the parked cars, I'm sitting so low I can't see clearly. Today I went down to Iceland on my scooter. The distance is about 5 bus stops away, so limited pain as no walking. The second I got home, I went to bed and slept for 3 hours! I think it was just a mixture of the sheer concentration of, getting up and down un-lowered kerbs and unhelpful 'able bodied people' getting in my way. But I was out of the house and in the sunshine :-D :-D :-D

Oh and yes Fuzzyhead, definitely no :nono: :nono: :nono: weekend shopping lol!
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what the fatigue is like I'm afraid. :hugs:

Although admittedly it doesn't always make me feel sleepy - sometimes it does and I absolutely hate that cos I detest sleeping during the daytime, it's a pet hate of mine.

But sometimes the fatigue doesn't make me sleepy, rather it makes me just simply unable to move. At times like that I just flop on the settee like a melted thing, no energy to hold myself up or lift my arms or anything.

The solution? Well I don't know if it's a solution per se, but since I got my wheelchair I've found it has helped tremendously with fatigue. Whereas I wouldn't be able to go around a supermarket or to the shops, or any sort of day out, if I had to walk (even with my crutches), the wheelchair allows me to conserve my energy so that I can actually enjoy being out and not suffer for it when I get back or the following day.

Of course the issue with the wheelchair is pushing it - I can manage a few pushes at a time but then either my arms get tired or my shoulders get sore and slightly out of joint. Thankfully I have hubby who is more than happy to push me, but I appreciate not everyone is lucky in that respect.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Everyday im like this. I get tired so easy , i never use to be like this. Havent got no energy , feeling completely drained. If i try to do some housework i dont seem to get very far. All i want to do is sleep , sleep and more sleep zzzzzz :sleep:
debs67
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia