Aghhhhhhhh my legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Aghhhhhhhh my legs

Postby Trish140363 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:00 am

Flipping hell... my legs are killing me tonight. . They are hurting real Bad...and twitching too

I have taken all my tablets tonight apart from my oramorph but I really don't think the oramorph will help. .

Any advice.please.. I feel like crying!
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Re: Aghhhhhhhh my legs

Postby juliekp » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am

My legs were really bad last night. They have never been like that before. Felt really heavy. Couldn't rest them and a really dull heavy ache. Horrible. Hope yours feel better today. I feel for u . Julie
juliekp
UKFM Member

Postby Roger Rabbit » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:53 pm

Trish how are your legs feeling today? sorry to hear that you had such a bad night. My nights are often like that, so I try to manage my pain meds accordingly but as you said you had taken all of yours. My wheat bag on my legs and hot water bottle, then a blanket or my quilt to keep the heat in, helps for me. Usually the pain is so bad there is no good trying to sleep. I focus on something that i really like that relaxes me, watch a film I love, I love ice-skating so I watch that on youtube or even play a game on the computer or read a good book and I usually fall asleep because my mind is concentrated on something else as much as possible. I have a hot drink, make up a flask of tea or decafinated coffee and always make sure you are as comfortable as you possibly can be. If you have a bath at home and not just a shower room a nice hot bath also helps me. Depending on your agility of getting in and out of the bath I would not recommend you having a bath if you live alone if you are in a lot of pain, we dont want to see you stuck in the bath or on a heap on the floor!!

I hope perhaps just a small bit of this might help you. I felt for you when I read your post, I knew excactly how you felt if not more.
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby caramia » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi I too am often bothered by dull aching legs at night ... sometimes drives me to distraction! I take magnesium supplements , together with my gabapentin and I do really think this helps. I find my legs are always worse if I am overtired!
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby Judyq » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:48 pm

I can relate to this too. I tend to get the worst of my Fibro in my legs, and at night they seem to go to a level I never knew existed. I have found a small dose of Amitriptyline (10mg) at night has helped a little. I have also started to use a Magnesium spray - not sure at the moment whether that's doing anything. I know there is no sleeping to be had when they are bad. I use a heat pad and a wheat pad and try and keep them as warm as possible. The cold aggravates them even more. I do take my Oramorph. I know it doesn't take away the relentless nerve pain etc. but it does dampen my senses somehow, so I don't get as overwhelmed with it. I truly hope you find a routine that helps you, for it always seems so much worse to cope with during those long dark hours xx
Judyq
UKFM Newbie

Postby Penhardy » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:25 pm

I suffer really badly with my legs at night. I get a pain deep in the centre of my legs and sometimes arms. I think it could be restless leg syndrome. Since I started wearing copper bracelets at night i rarely suffer any more. I found a link on Facebook called Halycon bracelets I was sceptical at first but for £20 for 2 bracelets I thought I would give them a go. Glad I did. Hope this helps x
Penhardy
UKFM Newbie

Postby galio » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:15 pm

hope your feeling better today , my legs are where i get most of my pain them and my feet, have always had problems with them due to HMS but its like a low grade nagging toothache now coursing up and down them, i do find that my nortrypiline helps but unfortunately they are making my hot flushes worse so i don't take them constantly, i cant win when im in bed throw off the quilt cos im hot in bed then legs start paining more cos there cold, heat always helps had a nice soak in the bath earlier and got about an hours relief from them but there at it again now.
galio
UKFM Member

Postby Lk6 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:51 pm

I know how selfish and stupid this must sound but I'm glad I'm not alone with this I get it constantly and as you say heat helps but then you get these awful hot flushes there seems to be no real fix I take magnesium and use a magnesium rub but when they're bad nothing really fixes it you have to try to get your mind on other things but moving around doesn't help as the painful feet go hand in hand with the legs, hope you found something that helped.
Lk6
UKFM Member

Postby painedprincess » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:39 pm

I get burning pain in my legs and it does reduce me to tears. I have only been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for about 5-6 months but I have had a lot of pain and symptoms for roughly 13 years. I am on imipramine (20 mg) so I can get enough rest at night.
painedprincess
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia