shoot me now!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shoot me now!

Postby galio » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:08 pm

well thought i had done really well pacing yesterday,did a bit and sat a bit on fb games(great distractor form what needs done round the house) seeing as I wasn't working,(got caught up on washing, 3 loads washed 4 out on the line in and out, dishes washed and then took my son out for coffee, then today got up went to work early got an early finish as boss needs me to work a full day in april, (should manage it as its just after the holidays will be fresh ) not a hard day came home put wash out swept the downstairs out went to see friend came back brought wash in and took freind out for coffee! now in pain every where, dunno if i over did it yesterday and its just caught up with me or if its todays blast because i didn't rest up between putting wash on line and sweeping up! shoot me now so I stop pushing too far lol :crazy:
galio
UKFM Member

Re: shoot me now!

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 am

Lol I've had the shoot me now moments too. It could be that you didn't space out rest and 'play'. Is that how your body usually reacts to lots of activity? I did a lot today and yesterday and my legs are now hurting and I did rest inbetween. Its just one of them things with this condition you know? Got to take the rough with the smooth etc. Hope you feel better soon. Or as better as you can be with fibro! :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:45 am

We can all relate, the other day I had a less pain day so decided to re-arrange my bedroom, clean the bathroom, do laundry x 4, (where does it all come from?), sweep, take the dogs out for a short walk, and paid such a price the next day!!!!

That is what I end up doing. There is so much that needs to be done on good days, that I end up having really bad ones. then of course I have bad days just because "Fibro" and it circles around again.

(((hugs)))

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi galio, I take my hat off to you managing to fit all that in, but do you really need to ask if you've overdone it? I set my goal yesterday to do the bathroom, then the bedroom: I managed to do half the bathroom then flaked out and only just managed to cook an evening meal after a few hours rest. We all have to find our own level and listen to our body, no, not just listen - take notice. Hope you feel better soon.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:07 pm

That is quite a lot so maybe on the pacing bit you didnt sit quite long enough anyway hopefully you will soon feel better
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby galio » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:02 pm

thanks for the comments, I would usually have done all that and more in one day when feeling good but I am trying really hard to stop myself, at the moment I feel I am very lucky and have not got half the problems many of you have, I am still working 3 full and 2 half days term times, I must say the difference the half days make is amazing, i knew i was doing better working this way but it really was brought home to me when i was asked to do a whole day on one of my half days due to my boss making a mistake with my hours I owed them and the other part timer was off that day I don't mind being flexible but boy I now know there would be no way i could work 5 full days and keep at work all the time i would be back to the high absence rate i had before moving schools and cutting hours, I have been a good girl the rest of the week and done very little after work, can I ask how many of you have a delayed reaction to over doing stuff, i am often ok the next day pain wise just tired but then 2 or 3 days later i get really sore and the total exhaustion hits as opposed to feeling really tired I know you will all know what i mean with that one many have no idea the difference lol
galio
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

It quite often hits a little while later, lots of members have said that they dont feel the full force of payback till a few days later. Hopefully things will settle down quickly for you
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia