Such a sad story

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Such a sad story

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm really affected by this because I met her father yesterday through their/his charity, he is very brave.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... l#comments

(sorry it's a DM link).

I really would urge anyone feeling so isolated or low to please, please seek help from The Samaritans.

ETA: This is their charity website: http://www.awaywithpain.co.uk/pacing-and-chronic-pain
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: Such a sad story

Postby iblinkin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Zia2014, thanks for sharing this article and hopefully it will open peoples eyes as to what we are going through!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:15 pm

So very sad, but unfortunately not unique. I really hope the film will raise awareness and those that feel they cannot carry on are given some hope

There is a stickied post giving advice for those of us who feel they need it, but thanks Zia for raising this issue and the links :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Charmed » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Thank you for the link Zia. So very sad :!:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Oops sorry denys didn't realise that!

I just wanted to post it having met him so recently, as he just seemed so determined to carry on the charity for her. and I've seen how down people can get, and felt it myself.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:50 pm

I watched the movie. It was very good at portraying how we are when we are in pain on a daily basis. Sometimes it can get too much for some people :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:52 pm

No problem Zia its good to have things resurface, its so so important that we all remember there are people out there who can help us through the really dark times :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 pm

I am taking my husband to see this. His words, when I told him about it were. 'I might actually get what you go through if I watch it'. Lets hope it has this effect on more people. He holds his hands up to not 'getting it'. I really hope he does 'get it' after watching it. Living with Fibro, possible crohn's and mega migraines is bad enough, without being a mum too! We have a 6 month old and I am starting to find it really tough.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:12 pm

Here's hoping it helps him and you Jemma, let's hope the film really helps people understand because it is so difficult to explain.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Ollycob » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 pm

Theresa34 wrote:I watched the movie. It was very good at portraying how we are when we are in pain on a daily basis. Sometimes it can get too much for some people :(

That's interesting, I read the plot outline on wiki and wasn't sure how good it was going to be. I can certainly identify with the 'anger management issues' she appears to have :oops:
Ollycob
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia