Burning pain in feet e.t.c

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning pain in feet e.t.c

Postby Lettuce leaf » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi, Does anybody get very strong burning pain in their feet,lower legs and pins&needles? I'm on lyrica tablets (300mg) and not getting any relief from them really. Any tips on how to help myself. This is been going on now for 9 months and more pain everyday.
Cheers :-D
Lettuce leaf
UKFM Newbie

Re: Burning pain in feet e.t.c

Postby iblinkin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Lettuce leaf, cute name by the way! I do know what you speak of and have had this for a long time and what i do.. believe it or not is i eat yogurt.. yes yogurt as it has properties that reduce the uric acid in our bodies that causes this problem with fibro as our bodies fail to get rid of uric acid like normal people do.

Also salmon and black cherries are very good for this as well!
I went off the yogurt as a test recently and did i pay for it and went back to the yogurt and it cleared up.

I hope this helps! :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby normak » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi Lettuce Leaf... this is one of my worst symptoms and keeps me awake many nights and makes walking impossible sometimes. The only thing that helps for me is an icy foot bath...it only gives temporary relief, so walking is still a no-no but helps before bed time. Sometimes I add a bit of mint or tiger balm.
Icy/freeze spray or gel might also help if your skin isn't too sensitive, bug not a good idea if you're also having symptoms that feel like sunburnt skin...
good luck, hope you find something that helps!
normak
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lyndyloo55 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi all I take a hot watEr bottle full of cold water to bed.......instant relief through the night.
Lyndyloo55
UKFM Newbie

Postby dangermouse1827 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Wow I have not been able to feel my feet for years would love to feel anything to the cold dead feet and sometimes hands my circulation is really bad to the point they are blue :shock:
dangermouse1827
UKFM Newbie

Postby jacson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 am

Yes oh yes Lettuice leaf I also get burning legs and feet at night, feels as if I'm on fire! Many good tips from iblinkin about the yoghurt etc, will have to try this. I sometimes use a moisturiser to cool the burning but it doesn't seem to have much effect.
Does anybody else get twitching eyes at all, I'm not sure if it's my eyeball or eyelid that's twitching and my top lip has started twitching recently! Would be glad of any feedback fellow fibros. :yikes:
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Good info there. I often find myself raiding the fridge in the middle of the night for yogurt - now I know why. :lol:
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Lettuce leaf » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:11 pm

I've not heard of high levels of Uric acid has a possible cause to the burning pain in my feet. I've just spend a while on Google looking into it. Gout is close to the pain and burning and is mainly caused by, yes uric acid. The uk gout society says this... Are there any foods that are good for gout?
Studies have shown that men whose diet is higher in vitamin C are
less likely to develop gout. Also, taking additional vitamin C as a
dietary supplement (500 to 1500mg/day) can reduce blood uric
acid levels.This is achieved by helping to remove uric acid from the
body via the kidneys. If you’re considering supplementing your diet,
always discuss this with your doctor as vitamin C can (rarely)
interact with prescribed medications. High doses of vitamin C can
also cause loose stools in some people.
Sour cherries or sour cherry juice have been used as a natural
remedy for gout - and scientific research has shown that a certain
type of cherry can reduce blood uric acid levels as well as reduce
the inflammation that occurs with gout. Just stuck on which yogurt to eat that is not high in fructose , can't stand plain natural yogurt! :crazy:
Lettuce leaf
UKFM Newbie

Postby Charmed » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am

Yep my partner has had Gout for many years, so I knew about the Uric Acid and the pain it can cause. And about the Sour Cherry Concentrate. But I've never heard of it regarding Fibro, I will need to look into this further. Feeling a tad confused now :crazy:
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:21 am

PHEW, I've had this too since I started taking lyrica. I think I ought to come off it as feeling like you've got two blocks of numb but very painful lumps of wood that my feet feel like, is horrible.

i'm so glad to hear others experiencing this. Not glad that you have it, but glad that I know it's just the rotten fibro again. Lyrica works for me in other ways- it decreases the anxiety levels as well as helping with the pain. I'm wary of stopping it because I dont want the black clouds of depression to return.

i eat a huge amount of yoghurt. Maybe my body is telling me I need it. :-o I always used to hate it but now 2 large tubs of Organic Yoghurt is my usual daily intake. I'll try some of your tips to lessen the pain and discomfort. Thanks.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:58 pm

dangermouse1827 wrote:Wow I have not been able to feel my feet for years would love to feel anything to the cold dead feet and sometimes hands my circulation is really bad to the point they are blue :shock:

This sounds like you might have Reynauds.

Tally1068 wrote:PHEW, I've had this too since I started taking lyrica. I think I ought to come off it as feeling like you've got two blocks of numb but very painful lumps of wood that my feet feel like, is horrible.

I had this and was told it was a rare allergic reaction!! I even posted on here and no one else seemed to be getting it! I came off the lyrica after less than a week as it was unbearable at night and my soles were so sore I could barely walk on them.

I'm going to give it another try shortly, just to see if it definitely was that.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby MPSGuy » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Lettuce leaf wrote:Hi, Does anybody get very strong burning pain in their feet,lower legs and pins&needles? I'm on lyrica tablets (300mg) and not getting any relief from them really. Any tips on how to help myself. This is been going on now for 9 months and more pain everyday.
Cheers :-D

I don't want to jinx myself because I haven't had it in a while........... but yes I have experienced this intense heat/burning discomfort in my feet at times. When it is really bad I get it in my hands and wrists too, usually in the evenings in bed. Paracetamol/Iburprofen doesn't seem to touch it and even a maximum dose of codeine doesn't always stop it totally.

The only things I can link it too are excessive walking, socks that are too tight and allowing my feet to get too hot or too cold. With my hands I can find no real link at all.
MPSGuy
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:39 am

Oh thank goodness it isn't just me. It's horrendous and really distracting.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia