awake at night

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

awake at night

Postby Trish140363 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:29 am

What do YOU do at night time when you can't sleep?
Trish140363
UKFM Member

Re: awake at night

Postby ixel-chick » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:43 am

When in fibro mode: Watch a massive amounts of film/tv series. Play games online, and if the brain is functioning - enter competitions.

Otherwise (I've suffered insomnia for a lot longer than I've had fibro) - decorate the house, do some crafty stuff, paint, go for walks, design stuff, bake, etc.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:48 am

A doctor once told me that even if i am not asleep i should act as if i am - lay down, keep the room dark, etc, and i try to do that, unless i am in pain, then i have known myself get up have a bath, take some pills, eat cereal and read till the pills kick in and then at least try to settle.

If i don't sleep enough at night, i find myself napping during the day for hours at a time, which is not a good thing, as night time sleep is more restorative to the body.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby jacson » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 am

I know this sounds corny but have a small glass of warm milk, listen to some soothing music and deep breathe, it sometimes works for me. Good luck. :-D
jacson
UKFM Member

Postby caramia » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 am

Poor sleep is something I can definately identify with. I take Melotonin tablet at bedtime so it kicks in my sleep cycle well , however I then waken at about 5am with pain so often have to get up until it eases or take painkillers depending on severity. It does mean you are in a permanent state of tiredness !!
caramia
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 am

I don't have any particular thing I do because nothing seems to work all the time. It depends how bad the pain is and if I can stand to just lie down quietly, if I can then I do but if the pains to bad then I get up and either read or watch telly.

Take care xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia